OTC Derivatives Analyst, AVP
Who we are looking for
An opportunity welcomes a knowledgeable derivatives integration analyst. This position will report to the BBH Integration Manager for Derivatives. Working closely with the Derivatives COE (center of excellence) Implementations & Change Management team, Derivatives COE Operations team, and other teams within the BBH Integration program, the position will be responsible for the successful conversion of BBH clients/funds into the target state operating model for OTC and listed derivatives. This includes identification of any service/model gaps and associated solution definition and delivery, controlling risk, championing straight-through-processing/automation, readying Derivatives COE Operations, creating a positive client experience, and flawlessly executing conversions for each client.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As BBH Integration – Derivatives, AVP you will
- Be Derivatives expert for Centre of Excellence. Comprehensive and demonstrated knowledge of overall process, operating models, technology, and conversion processes
- Develop and deliver training/coaching to less-seasoned team members
- Exercise discretion and judgment with respect to matters of significance, escalate promptly and appropriately
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to identify, analyze and proactively resolve issues
- Encourage suggestions for, and implementation of, continuous improvements to core products and services
- Help others adapt to new values, attitudes, norms and behaviors that support new ways of doing work and limiting risk
- Perform other duties as needed
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Effectively interact with internal and external clients to provide support on a global basis
- Effective communication to resolve complex issues and support implementation of process improvements
- Develop effective relationships with peers by sharing expertise with colleagues and other departments
- Cultivate effective relationships with our internal and external global partners
- Share responsibility for participating in corporate committees and initiatives
- Share coaching and development of staff with manager
- Develop and maintain procedures, have strong testing and reconciliation/troubleshooting skills
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology, finance, business, science or equivalent
- 8 years of related financial services experience
- Strong Listed and OTC Derivatives product knowledge
- Ability to lead and manage a team ensuring development and growth of skills
- Ability to lead Client onboarding and/or large project implementations
- An understanding of Change Management
- Ability to evaluate and analyze complex data
- Experience in Middle- or Back-Office Operations an advantage
- Experience in documentation of Operational processes
- Experience with project management methodology
- Direct client facing experience
- Strong analytical and solid time management skills, able to prioritize & meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail
- Have an advanced knowledge of Microsoft tools
- Agile project methodology experience and testing support experience is preferred
- An understanding of in-house applications an advantage – DHUB, MTEX, TIER, MCH, RKS,
- ESP, GTM, ADP
- Team Player with can-do attitude
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, live and grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, diversity and social responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.