Team Leader - Accounting
Team Leader - Accounting
(Senior) Team Leader in GL Accounting, Financial Reporting and Consolidation
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting a (Senior) Team Leader in Accounting, Reporting and Consolidation to join our Alternatives Investment Funds Team. In this role you will be responsible for managing client servicing team resources to achieve overall client satisfaction and serve as a point of escalation for complex issues. You’ll be in charge of accounting and financial reporting of entities within the Alternative Investments Funds structures (“AIF”), mostly Real Estate and Debt Funds. You will perform/review consolidations of Alternative Investment Funds and assist in the consolidated Financial Reporting of the AIF structures.
As part of the duties you will be responsible of all aspects relating to staff management like people coaching, development and retention.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
Client Servicing and Inquiry Response:
- Day to day management of operations for preparation, review and delivery of services to allocated clients, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and completeness of all client related tasks (GL Accounting, Financial Reporting, Consolidation under IFRS and Lux GAAP).
- Developing and maintaining familiarity with applicable laws, regulations and interpretations governing accounting framework, financial statements and disclosure, including IFRS and Luxembourg GAAP.
- Participate in the interview and selection process for job applicants and assist new staff members in learning job specific tasks.
- Participate with feedback for the annual performance appraisals and provide regular feedback based on previously agreed upon goals.
- Promote a cohesive team atmosphere through exhibiting strong leadership, effective communication, professionalism, and development of individual career paths.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in corporate full general ledger accounting, group accounting, or audit background.
- Primary degree in a finance or accounting related discipline, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Strong experience in direct responsibility for managing, mentoring and coaching staff.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Professional accountancy qualification e.g. ACCA is an advantage (qualified or part qualified).
- Knowledge in consolidation area, including understanding of group structures would be an asset.
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.