Manager, Fund Services
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a leading global provider of high-value business services to clients operating and investing globally. We focus on providing specialized and business-critical financial and administrative services that enable our clients to operate their corporate structures, finance vehicles and investment funds in different geographical locations. Our core services can help companies of all sizes with HR and payroll, accounting and tax, corporate secretarial, international corporate structuring, fund administration and structured finance – whether a company wants to globalize, or whether they need support to streamline existing operations.
With operations in more than 80 countries, TMF Group is the global expert that understands local needs. Global reach, local knowledge: helping to do business seamlessly across borders.
- Acting as the primary contact for all client matters and maintains client relationships;
- Supervising a team of junior accountants. Planning and allocating the team’s workload. Coaching and supporting them where necessary. Perform review on their work deliverables to ensure the highest standard is consistently applied;
- Overseeing key fund services processes such as periodic reporting, capital call, distribution, fund investor onboarding / KYC, fund investor queries, maintenance of fund entity & investor contact database. Ensuring the team is following TMF’s internal policies & procedures for these processes;
- Undertake the year end audit process for client entities: conducting detailed planning; being a central point of contact for all audit queries; ensuring the approaches adopted are appropriate and that issues raised are resolved expediently; ensuring that all parties are kept informed of the status; and ensuring timely clearance for approving the accounts and ancillary documentation;
- Actively managing the execution of all client deliverables to ensure they are completed within the agreed time frame;
- Building a strong relationship with key clients through regular & open dialogue. Attend face-to-face meetings if necessary;
- Maintaining pro-active communication with all team members and stakeholders on client deadlines and ad hoc requests to allow them to accommodate periods of absence and/or peak demand;
- Monitor and manage performance and productivity within the team through formal appraisals as well as regular feedback sessions. Act as mentor to the team, identify areas of development and provide guidance to the team for continuous improvement;
- Detailed understanding of the scope of services provided by TMF. Proactively managing ad hoc requests from clients and discuss with senior colleagues if necessary. Timely issuance of fee notes (including any agreed ad hoc work outside the scope of services) and collection of fees;
- Attending to queries from internal/external auditors on controls and providing evidence upon request;
- Supporting the Head of Department in managing adequate resourcing of the client teams, including undertaking recruitment interviews;
- In addition to the duties listed above, the Fund Services Manager may be requested to perform other ad hoc duties or projects as requested.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline;
- Holds a professional accountancy qualification;
- 6-10 years’ experience gained in either a financial reporting team or audit firm (preferably with close-ended PE/RE fund experience but experience of other fund types may also be considered);
- Detailed knowledge of and experience in fund accounting (preferably with close-ended PE/RE fund experience but experience of other fund types may also be considered);
- Extensive experience of financial statement preparation;
- Excellent knowledge of SFRS and IFRS;
- Experience in operating an investment accounting system (preferably Investran but other system experience may be considered);
- Have a good understanding of the transactions undertaken by alternative investment fund structures along with broader product and industry knowledge;
- Ability to learn quickly and work within a team under the guidance of a senior colleague/mentor;
- Experience in managing a team of junior accountants is essential.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible working arrangements
- Work with colleagues and clients around the world on interesting and challenging work.
- We provide internal career opportunities so you can take your career further within TMF
Applications close: 30 Dec 2022 Singapore Standard Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.