Core Operations, Officer
Who we are looking for
Motivated candidates with extensive experience within securities valuation or strong accounting background. Candidates should be capable of managing small teams to deliver on daily service standards as well as ensuring daily work is adhering to SOP’s and audit requirements. Also need to be adept at delivering high level client service and act as a department liaison when communicating with clients. Advanced understanding of security investment types and fund accounting.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Securities Valuation Officer you will
- Taking in vendor files and pricing out client portfolios via EPW system
- Providing oversight to small client dedicated teams to deliver operational standards regarding accuracy and timeliness.
- Interacts with clients in a limited capacity for time critical issues during the pricing window as agreed to with Client Operations
- Managing staff in terms of scheduling, cross training, and support coverage.
- Point of contact for client inquiries, acting as department SME and managing communication around issues
- Ad Hoc project work for department initiatives
- Performing daily quality checks and risk mitigation controls
- Report directly to Securities Valuation VP/AVP in carrying out corporate mandates and department initiatives
- Interacts with third parties as necessary
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Leadership and organizational skills for small team management
- Strong analytical skills and proactive cognition for risk recognition
- Familiarity with financial instruments and investment vehicles.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure, and within a deadline oriented environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree
- 3 + years experience in financial services or equivalent field
- Advanced knowledge of investments and financial products
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.