Senior Consultant, Financial Reporting - Hybrid
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The Financial Accounting team sits within CVR and is responsible for providing added value service by creating bespoke reporting solutions for our client base.
The Senior Consultant position is responsible for researching and responding to client and auditor/consultant inquiries related to the Financial Accounting team processes. Will be expected to consult and engage directly with the clients that require unique accounting and reporting solutions. Also responsible for identifying and/or creating innovative solutions that meet the business unit and/or client’s needs and enhance their overall satisfaction.
The Key Responsibilities of the Role include:
- Under general supervision (but works on own most of the time) responsible for taking lead in assuring the Financial Accounting information provided to clients is accurate and meets the client’s timing requirements
- Provides Financial Accounting consultation to business partners and clients. Responsible for taking lead in the delivery of Financial Accounting information/reporting to clients
- Leads/Participates on large and/or complex projects
- Technically competent to act as first point of reference for day-to-day queries, and serves as a liaison to related areas
- Has both broad and in-depth knowledge in chosen field, plus strong knowledge of related areas.
- Carries out relatively complex, extensive, high profile activities e.g. direct interaction with committees and more senior management
- Demonstrates excellent analytical, consultative, communication and judgment skills
- May lead projects and/or train staff. Focuses on maintenance and implementation of procedures in the function
- Interfaces with consultants, partners, and clients to determine servicing requirements and problem solving strategies
- Collaboration with Manila team, with focus on expanding the level of activities carried out within the region and a view to enhancing centre of excellence
- Preparation of bespoke reports for the interim and annual financial statements of UK Corporate Pension Schemes, LGPS clients, Dutch clients and other institutional organisations
- Excellent understanding of ONS
- Maintain high level of understanding with regards developments in the industry and regulatory spaces.
- Ability to review current reporting capabilities and implement enhancements where applicable
- Several years of related accounting and financial reporting experience
- Accounting qualification (eg ACCA, CIPFA, ACA, CIMA, CPA etc) or qualified through experience.
- Strong knowledge of industry and Client Administration
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve efficiencies and gain capacity to allow more focus on other value add tasks for our clients
- Champions Client Servicing and has the ability to resource solutions
- Demonstrates creativity in evaluating client request and the recommendations of solutions.
- Strong performer with high standards of integrity and work ethic
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Must have a broad understanding of accounting and financial principals relating to accounting and financial reporting
- Strong systems skills, in particular knowledge of Excel and Macros
- Working knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements for Pension funds to relevant authorities is advantageous.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.