Accountant - Divisional Controlling | AlFuttaim Automotive | Finance | Dubai
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
Overview of the role
As a member of Automotive Divisional Controlling – to support the AM / FM on delivering
- Support on Review of existing account policies and creation/drafting of new accounting policies.
- Provide inputs on new / revision of existing Account Policies
- Liaise, coordinate and support BU Finance in implementation of new accounting policy requirements
- Provide Policy guidance to BU Team through Divisional Accounting Policy Committee and BU specific training / briefing sessions.
- Regular Trial Balance review and Balance Sheet substantiation.
- Robust, timely and accurate Financial Reporting
- Support on the overall implementation and compliance of Internal Controls Framework
- Assess risks, insurance requirements, engage with insurance partners for insurance coverage for the Division.
What you will do
Financial Statements & Accounting / Reporting Standards / Group Policies
- Assists the Accounts Manager in review of the existing accounting policies and help in drafting / amending them and creating accounting policies for automotive specific areas.
- Assisting with the implementation of new accounting policy requirements through producing detailed technical analysis in this area and contributing to Group discussions as subject matter expert.
Monthly Closing and GL Reviews
- To monitor closing of books on a monthly basis with other SSF teams and ensure recognition of robust financials within the group timelines.
- Drive continuous improvement in monthly closing activities to ensure quality financials for business units.
Balance Sheet substantiation / Trial Balance Reviews
Support Accounts Manager to carry out detailed review of key automotive accounts in Trial Balance and ensure substantiation of balances appearing against it.
- Control framework and standards (substantiation)
- Divisional Financial close (Attestation)
- Entity performance Scorecards
- Issue log / resolution plan & progress report
- SSF KPI / SLA Governance
- Collection Infrastructure
- Insurance requirements
- Master Data Liaison
- Tax Support
- Treasury Support
- Credit Support
- Leasing Support
Robust SSF towers processes
Ensure robust SSF process tower processes through
- standardizing the accounting process,
- regular key account reconciliations,
- improved Fixed Asset management,
- improve month-end process & related reporting.
- To coordinate external Audit of the automotive entity by providing relevant explanations and schedules to Auditors and ensure smooth completion.
- Coordinate with other teams in SSF and ensure that auditor’s requirements are being provided in a timely and accurate manner.
- Finance Function / Overseas support
- Provide support for overseas entities by reviewing the current processes and sharing best practices and processes in improving the standards.
Required Skills to be successful
- Strong Analytical, process oriented, good communication and presentation skills, exposure to ERP. ( Preferably SAP)
- Should be able to plan and prioritize tasks, persuasive skills, Kaizen attitude, Self-motivated; and a strong team player.
About the Team
As an Accountant – Divisional Controlling you will be reporting to Accounts Manager / Finance Manager .
What equips you for the role
- Graduate in Commerce / Equivalent qualification.
- Two Years in relevant experience.
- Accountable for group of Automotive business units in budgeting, variance analysis and any other relevant metrics.
- Ensuring quality monthly financials and the understanding of the front-end process and interface with financial and information databases to ensure accuracy.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.