Middle Office, Off
Irvine, California; Quincy, Massachusetts; Kansas City, Missouri; Boston, Massachusetts; Sacramento, California;
Who we are looking for
A candidate with minimum 3+ years of financial operations and proven success to join a global team responsible for end to end OTC Derivatives processing from trade capture to life cycle event management. Role will focus on process and oversight of various functions, including but not limited to trade capture, life cycle management, settlements, and inquiry/fail resolution.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Derivatives Operation Officer you will:
- Administer all derivative trades in investment accounting system accurately and timely.
- Support calculation, confirmation, audits and controls surrounding OTC Derivatives.
- Adhere to established operating, risk, and compliance controls and standard operating procedures.
- Elevate areas of potential loss/exposure immediately and include supporting documentation.
- Serves as a technical resource to junior staff.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Highly detail oriented and task focused;
- Ability to multitask and resilient to high pressure environment;
- Excellent communications skills including expressing complex ideas and concepts;
- Strong command of Rates, Credits, and Equity derivatives.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree;
- 3+ years of financial Operations experience and proven success
- Strong knowledge of OTC Derivatives
- High proficiency in Bloomberg and Excel.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.