Integrated Mobility - Expatriate Tax Senior Manager - People Advisory Services (Scotland) 1
Organisations are having to become much more adaptable to change as they face new workforce challenges as a result of globalisation, changing demographics, emerging technology, innovation and regulatory demands.
We believe the People Agenda is at the heart of successful change. EY People Advisory Services (PAS) help organisations to put humans at the centre of their transformation agenda enabling them to align culture and leadership to their purpose, develop necessary skillsets and mindsets, and build adaptability through continuous change and learning.
We are a global network with more than 11,000 employees in more than 130 countries, offering deep industry knowledge and experience to more than 2,000 corporate clients worldwide. Within the UK, we have over 330 consultants advising clients across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors on their most challenging workforce problems.
We are growing fast and looking for those, who share our values, believe in the importance of the people agenda and have experience in organisation and workforce transformation and transactions, change experience and learning, culture and leadership, digital HR, rewards and people mobility, to join us in PAS
We are looking to grow our London Global Mobility advisory team with a Senior Manager who can deliver high quality services to our clients and grow business, whilst having a forward-thinking entrepreneurial mindset to reflect the clients we work with.
We are a dynamic, exciting team delivering double digit growth with plans to continue this growth with a focus on advisory. The role includes opportunities to travel internationally and career progression as the team continues to grow and adapt to the changing world of Global Mobility.
Your key responsibilities
At EY we operate a ‘client centric’ approach, meaning we aim to be our clients’ trusted business partner. This is achieved by being pro-active, understanding their challenges and providing a relevant and high level of client service:
- Responsible for a portfolio of clients with a focus on private/fast growth UK headquartered organisations.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and providing consistently high levels of client service.
- Managing the successful delivery of mobility tax projects and ensuring technical excellence.
- Responsible for day-to-day delivery of client services, with a focus on advisory.
- Build relationships within the firm, across service lines and with our overseas colleagues, to identifying mobility opportunities.
- Proactively seeking new tax projects from existing clients and driving new work from target companies.
- Be a trusted member of the management team by developing and counselling junior members of staff; and making key decisions that affect the team.
Skills and attributes for success
- Experienced expatriate tax practitioner
- Enthusiastic and energetic; able to embrace new ways of working.
- Team player: ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
- Ability to deliver complex advice in clear understandable language, that is technical accurate, provides practical insight and forms an opinion.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- ATT/ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA/Law qualification (or equivalent)
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
- 3 years+ management experience within global mobility
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience working within professional services
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we are using the finance products, expertise and systems we have developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptionally experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we will make our ambition to be the best employer a reality.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings, and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.