Senior Vice President- Manager, Fund Administration
Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services is a global fund administrator specializing in complex hedge funds and alternative asset investments. The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function as an effective leader with a focus on strategic thinking in a dynamic, fast-paced and demanding environment. This individual must be a proven leader with a strong accounting and financial reporting background, experience working within the Financial Services industry, a proven track record of client service, and a strong change management background. This individual is also responsible for effective relationship management with the client.This role is responsible for managing a dedicated client back office team within Hedge Fund Services. The team is responsible for daily NAV production, investor allocations and providing client facing support for the investor servicing team. The role will include oversight of the team with a focus on process improvement, change execution and change management Strong client engagement along with managing team execution, individual performance, career development, and team capacity are also associated with this role.
- Focus of role includes client service, risk mitigation, and ensuring the team is performing at an optimal level across locations.
- Analyze processes to ensure focus on ongoing operational efficiency across teams.
- Ensure the teams are executing on most effective location strategy to optimize support and minimize risk.
- Understanding of industry initiatives across products and proactive engagement with individual teams to bring ideas for enhancements.
- Responsible for overseeing a group of managers;
- The office team consists of a dedicated client team who are responsible for the NAV production, investor allocations and investor servicing. Teams are expected to manage risk and perform BAU by applying industry best practices while ensuring that the team is best positioned to maintain high levels of client satisfaction.
- Teams work on ad-hoc projects as needed. These projects can be initiated by NT, the client or industry.
- Work with each team to ensure best in class service to our client at all levels.
- Identify and review key risk indicators and escalate risk as needed.
- Work closely with Relationship Management to effectively respond and act on client feedback.
- Use sound judgement to escalate issues appropriately and timely, including solution options and associated impacts to drive effective decision making.
- Work collaboratively with management both at NT (within the back office and outside of it) and the client.
- Make staffing decisions, manage capacity across the team, and provide counsel and opportunities for team members’ professional growth.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team, fostering an environment that encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication.
- Maintain focus on diversity and inclusion.
- Best in class client servicing skills.
- Seasoned expert with extensive business/industry knowledge and functional expertise in Hedge Funds.
- Strong understanding of the financial services industry including hedge and/or private equity funds and the investments held within them.
- Proven track record of employing industry and business best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and garner trust and respect, past management experience is a must.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change; capable of being a ‘change agent’ to identify and drive productivity transformation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills (“solutions-oriented” mindset)
- Client relationship focused (internal and external relationships)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and with accuracy
- A College or University degree and relevant proven work experience
- Related Industry qualification is valued (ex – Master’s degree, CPA, big 4 public accounting experience)
- 12+ years of experience
- Experience with Investment Management and/or Financial Services; Hedge Fund reporting experience is a plus
- Proven Client Service experience
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally.With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.