Claims Processing, Associate 2 - Remote
Who we are looking for
Our Claims Department is seeking an Associate to join our team in Irvine. You will assist others on the research and resolution of various claim types. We are looking for someone who has 1-2 years of experience in the industry or similar, with a desire to learn about different trade products, market requirements and to engage with various custodians, brokers, & internal teams globally in order to handle matters of complexity.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Claims Associate you will
- Perform internal research and forward claims within industry standard timeframes
- Learn the trade flow process and become knowledgeable in various product types
- Build and maintain effective relationships with custodians, brokers, and IMS operations teams
- Drive timely research and resolution of claims with multiple parties
- Heavy phone and email communication with global contacts
- Work with numerous internal and external parties to assess liability and negotiate resolution of outstanding claims/overdrafts
- Prepare claims summary and payment authorization
- Maintain claims tracking and summary reporting workbooks
- Prepare ad hoc reports
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented critical thinker with proven record of accuracy and sound judgment
- Solid organization, time management, analytical and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance daily workload with ad hoc projects of varying size/scope
- Proven negotiation skills.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent
- At least 1 year of related work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications – Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.