CIB Treasury - Senior Associate - Liquidity Controller
The Corporate & Investment Bank Treasury (CIBT) is a critical function within CIB Finance and Business Management. It is responsible for managing the liquidity, balance sheet and capital positions of the investment banking businesses, establishing transparent and market-based funds transfer pricing policy, and developing methodologies and metrics to improve the leverage, capital, collateral and liquidity risk management capabilities of the Corporate and Investment bank. Additionally, CIB Treasury interacts heavily with Global Treasury in developing stress assumptions, contributing to the resolution plan submission, producing liquidity risk metrics and analysis; managing CIB balance sheet and leverage ratios; and consolidating management and regulatory reporting.
This team is looking for a senior associate to support a broad array of initiatives for the CIBT Balance Sheet and Liquidity Analytics Group. The ideal candidate should pay close attention to detail, take ownership over projects and proactively move them forward, feel comfortable operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, be able to work on multiple complex projects simultaneously, and have a keen interest in capital markets and economics. Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills are essential.
- Assisting and overseeing production of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly liquidity risk reports (JPM Internal Stress and 5G/LCR) and analyze key drivers of period over period movements and provide variance commentary.
- Assisting and overseeing production of weekly, monthly and quarterly liquidity metrics package for CIB senior management and key CIBT stakeholders.
- Utilize knowledge of financial products such as Deposits, Commitments, Derivatives, Secured Funding; apply a deep understanding of regulatory guidelines (Basel III, 5G LCR, 5G) and main measurements (LCR, NSFR) to determine their potential impact for the CIB.
- Coordinate globally to develop specific CIB sub-Line of Business commentary and analysis for individual reporting results
- Collaborate with FALMA, CTMO and other stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate production of regulatory reporting.
- Interact and partner with senior CIB Treasury and business leadership, Controllers, Global Treasury, Liquidity Risk Oversight and other related areas to obtain, understand, and analyze information in relation to balance sheet and liquidity implications for the CIB.
- Work independently and collaboratively and establish close partnerships with key CIBT stakeholders.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as needed by senior management or regulatory initiatives.
- Keep up-to-date on regulatory developments related to Liquidity impacting CIB Treasury.
- Participate in the ongoing process improvements, optimization and rationalization efforts related to Balance Sheet and Liquidity.
- Team leader related activities:
- Overview more closely cross training, task completions and back up planning, manage QE/ME/Daily calendar
- Try to reshuffle responsibilities/prioritize in times of over capacity
- Manage disagreements within the team
- Ensure coverage/holiday planning
- Proactively contribute to growth of team members, especially the junior ones
- Bachelor degree required, minimum 5 years of working experience in Finance with emphasis in analytical work
- Strong analytical, creative thinking and problem solving skills. Comfortable in managing large amounts of data and identifying takeaways
- Good understanding of finance and financial markets and on and off balance sheet products especially for products related to market business (e.g., prime brokerage, secured funding, etc.)
- Knowledge of liquidity risk regulations and implication associated with products preferred, but not required
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills. Ability to present information in a clear, concise and effective manner
- Organized and able to execute responsibilities with limited supervision and taking ownership of tasks at hand
- Solid work ethic, good business sense, and demonstrated initiative
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple tasks and bring them to completion
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access
- Team leader/people management experience
- Automation solutions skills in Alteryx, Tableau or Python a desired additional experience
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.