Senior VAT Compliance Analyst
Are you that experienced VAT specialist with affinity with international operating clients in all areas of business like holding- and financing companies, e-commerce, private equity but also real estate? Then you are the colleague we are looking for!
As a Senior VAT Compliance Analyst you are part of a dynamic and growing tax team. Within the VAT team you are responsible for solving (complex) VAT matters and make sure our clients comply with all VAT regulations. You do this with the VAT team and ensure excellent output when it comes to (complex) VAT returns and other related activities for various of our (inter)national (listed) clients (e.g. communication with the tax authorities, liaising with various internal and external stakeholders, be first point of contact for clients and colleagues as Subject Matter Expert.
Working in a dynamic fast pace environment, no day is the same. For example, you will be preparing VAT returns for standalone companies or multiple companies in a VAT group, discussing/explaining complex VAT subjects to clients/colleagues, review of VAT returns prepared by colleagues or third parties as a second pair of eyes, preparing/reviewing other VAT related documentation such as VAT registration forms or Fiscal Representation applications. You will also be involved in other international tax related services which we offer our clients.
You will also follow closely (inter)national tax developments and implement new legislation in your daily work and also discuss this internally with your colleagues to ensure a flawless integration from theory to practice as operation excellence is the cornerstone of TMF’s Tax team.
You will be working closely with the CIT, Accounting and Transfer Pricing team and you can help to help grow the Tax Compliance service line in The Netherlands by thinking of ways to improve or expand tax services. Within the team, there is the possibility to grow. You report in to the Market Practice Manager Tax.
- At least a University tax degree or Higher Professional tax Education (HBO fiscal)
- Min. 3-4 years’ experience in VAT, preferably in an international environment.
- Practical and specialized knowledge of Dutch VAT and EU VAT directive.
- Experience with managing a team and are able to motivate others
- Excellent in Dutch and English written and verbal communication skills.
- Other characteristics: analytical, organized, self-starter, enthusiastic and willing to learn, accurate/ excellent execution, ‘get things done’ mentality, flexible and willing to go the extra mile
- Preparing and filing (complex) VAT returns for Dutch as well as international clients with operations in the Netherlands
- Review work of others and provide positive feedback and contribute to their professional development
- Making tax calculations which may impact the VAT return
- You (help) prepare objection/opinion letters to the tax authorities
- Close cooperation with the Accounting Officers of the Accounting teams and other members of the tax team
Make an impact
Our global presence in more than 80 countries allows you to impact how global and diverse clients do business as well as give back to the global communities we operate in
Be part of One TMF
At TMF Group, it’s our people who make us who we are. Our company thrives on entrepreneurial spirit and is full of proactive people who combine enthusiasm with responsibility and accountability.
A world of opportunity
Regardless of where you are in your career, TMF Group opens a world of opportunity where you will be part of our team and is supported in your global career journey.
Applications close: 30 Nov 2022 W. Europe Standard Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.