Middle Office, Officer, Hybrid
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Investment Managers Services（IMS）. IMS gives asset owners and investment managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From various types of trade matching and settlement, to asset services of income, corporate actions and reconciliations, IMS tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Middle Office Officer you will:
- Liaise directly with front office
- Assist Portfolio Manager on all queries
- Liaise with multiple external and internal parties
- Review of various control reports eg reconciliation, material breaks and others to ensure the health of client’s portfolios are maintained
- Trade matching and processing, including monitor trade settlement status
- Reflect/confirm voluntary/mandatory Corporate Action data into our accounting system timely
- Complete Month End processing cycle which include full portfolio reconciliations, performance calculation and client reporting
- Managing relationships with all interested parties
- Perform work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures.
- Coordinate, handle and resolve issues involving all operational and various IT areas (e.g. Asset servicing, Trade Operations, Client Reporting)
- Work independently to research and resolve problems considering multiple avenues for resolution.
- Communicate effectively on issues / problems to the Client and to SSC management and ensure a proper and timely follow-up to ensure resolution.
- Provide guidance, support, act as resource and assist team members from multiple operational areas
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of financial services
- Strong PC skills, specifically Excel skills (Intermediate)
- A proven track record of meeting service level expectations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Good communication skills both internally / externally
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Fluent in both Japanese and English
- Minimum 5 years of Portfolio Administration experience from either an Investment Manager operations or Global Custodian/Trustee operations
- Knowledge of investment accounting and NAV calculation across various asset classes is preferred.
About State Street
What we do.State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow.We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.