Client Transitions Associate, Officer
Who we are looking for
In this role, you will assist with coordinating and processing complex portfolio events including new account setups, terminations, bank changes, and in-kind transfers. As an Officer you will set the example for the Senior Associates with regards to client service, task execution, and organization.
Why this role is important to us
State Street IMS, a division of State Street Global Services, provides operations and middle office services to various investment managers. The IMS Transitions team provides client service and operational support for select portfolio events across PIMCO managed accounts. The Transitions team is often the first stop for client related requests and is responsible for executing new account setups, terminations, bank changes and In-Kind transfers.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
Leadership & Auditing
- End to end ownership of complex, high risk portfolio events.
- Daily Audits of live and model accounts.
- Fill in for management when necessary and act as the first level escalation point for senior associates on the team.
- Act as a subject matter expert within the business unit and provide on the job training for new and existing team members as needed.
- Ensure all ad hoc reporting and inquiries are addressed promptly.
- Coordinates the preparation and verification of information for various projects, reports, audits or special requests.
- Follow checklists and procedures for each transition type.
- Exchange account setup details with custodian banks and internal teams.
- Enter account setup information into various database applications.
- Execute cash and asset transfers by booking them into PIMCO’s stock record.
- Perform highly detailed data reconciliations.
- Archive all required transitions data per the department’s record retention policy.
- Work closely with client relationship managers, custodian banks, and the trade floor to ensure accounts are structured on-time and able to support the trading strategies desired by clients and portfolio managers.
- Support, consult, and update our client’s relationship managers on all aspects of transition related activity.
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve potential issues or roadblocks that may delay transitions or impact a seamless execution.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with our client’s relationship managers, client’s trade floor, client’s legal & compliance departments, custodian banks, brokers/counterparties (across all fixed income, derivative and collateral product groups) and all internal IMS Departments.
- Have established a reputation with internal and external parties to resolve various issues and discrepancies. Display stewardship by promoting the company’s brand and culture.
- Arranges and/or participates in conference calls which can include sensitive or confidential client interaction.
System Enhancements & Testing
- Identify and resolve work-processing issues and make suggestions to streamline operations.
- Work with technology and business analyst to create, test, and implement system updates to enhance operational efficiency.
- Participate in regression testing and monthly release testing.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Equivalent to a BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field. MBA (or in process preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
- Subject matter expertise in one or more areas of investment management such as accounting/reconciliation, corporate actions, trade processing, pricing, settlements of all fixed income and derivatives including bank loans, swaps, futures, options, TBA's, collateral etc.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent math skills
- Excellent organization, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Computer proficient, including spreadsheet and database applications.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.