Global Financial Reporting Senior - Global Outsourcing - Reading
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
We’ll broaden your horizons
- This is an opportunity to join a fast growing team in a vibrant and modern office environment to hone your financial reporting skills and help to drive the development of the Global Financial Reporting (‘GFR’) team.
- As a GFR and iXBRL Senior you will use your previous statutory financial statement (‘SFS’) preparation experience, working closely with and supporting senior members in the team to ensure the timely delivery of our GFR and iXBRL services. You will work independently, be accountable for the delivery of statutory financial statements to the manager for review, and be the first point of contact for our clients. You will also take an active role in identifying accounting problems and suggesting potential solutions.
- Due to the nature of the role a flexible approach to work is required in order to facilitate the needs of our clients and colleagues. The right person will also be proactive, efficient, have confident communication skills and enjoy a technical challenge.
- You will be expected to consistently demonstrate core BDO values and the required standard of competency for the level of this role, which includes adherence with compliance and confidentiality standards.
We’ll help you succeed
You will be personally responsible for:
- Controlling all aspects of the preparation of statutory financial statements under FRS 102, FRS 101 and IFRSs, including preparing consolidations and cash flow statements
- Directing trainees in their work, managing delivery and receipt of information to and from our SFS offshoring partners and being responsible for all aspects of file completion
- Assisting managers in planning and controlling our larger, more complex assignments to ensure their completion to the required standard
- Actively seeking solutions to client’s accounting problems and being able to independently research and suggest potential resolutions to more senior members of the team
- Assisting managers with the financial management of assignments, ensuring work is completed within budget, with any budget overruns reported to a manager
- Completing smaller assignments with a minimum of supervision
- Ensuring all client needs are met in regards to answering queries promptly, building a rapport with the client and anticipating requirements
- Liaising with external auditors
- Providing clients with value-adding recommendations for improvements in processes and controls
- Providing financial reporting advisory services, including but not limited to transition between accounting standards and adoption of new accounting standards (for example, IFRS 16)
- Occasionally completing secondments to clients to assist with statutory financial statement preparation and other financial reporting advisory projects as required
- Supervising, coaching, motivating and developing trainees and reviewing and appraising work at the end of the assignment
- Keeping technical knowledge up to date by attending and presenting at team technical sessions and monitoring regulatory changes
Global Outsourcing is the home of BDO’s off-shoring facilities. One such service provided is iXBRL providing a quality assurance service for a minimum of 10,000 sets of financial statements annually, ensuring that the financial statements meet HMRC’s high standards and to reduce the risk of investigation for our clients.
You will be personally responsible for:
- Review of iXBRL tagged financial statements to ensure tags are appropriate and have been applied correctly
- Management of jobs to ensure that issues are resolved and client deadlines are met
- Answering tagging queries from clients
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Previous experience of statutory financial statement preparation in accordance with FRS 102, FRS 101 and IFRSs as well as preparation of consolidations and cash flow statements is essential
- Training and knowledge of IFRSs is preferable
- Experience of leading client assignments essential
- No experience of iXBRL necessary, training will be provided
- Experience of US GAAP desirable
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word & Excel essential
- Experience of CaseWare and/or Thomson Reuters’ ONESOURCE Accounts Production desirable
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. You, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
Agile working at BDO (Workable)
- WORKABLE is our approach to making working at BDO work for everyone. It’s a framework – including policies, guidance, tools, resources, and support – that offers flexibility and choice around how, when and where we do our work. WORKABLE gives BDO people the freedom they need to be able to work at their best. Because sometimes, the hub is the best environment to get things done, and sometimes we’re more productive working from home: WORKABLE gives us that choice.
- We aim to offer you more choice and flexibility to plan around work and life, which can lead to improved wellbeing, access to more diverse projects and learning opportunities and increased job satisfaction.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.