Investment Operations, State Street Global Advisors, Officer
Who we are looking for
The role is a part of Client Administration function within SSGA Australia Investment Operations team. The Client Administration team is responsible for ensuring accurate client cash flows details are reflected on SSGA internal systems, as well reviewing and releasing unit prices for the Trust Funds to clients. As part of the Investment Operations team, the Operations Officer is to provide accurate and timely operational execution of day-to-day activities. Essential part of the role is to assist with implementation and reinforcement of the key controls within the team and providing broader assistance with daily deliverables across the team. In addition to daily responsibilities, the role also includes participation on various projects and process improvement activities.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Investment Operations Officer you will,
- Extensive liaison with the business in order to provide accurate and timely daily operational support.
- Process the daily cash flows instructions including instructing the flows to unit registries provider.
- Work with custodian and portfolio management teams to resolve any abnormal NAV performance.
- Follow a Risk excellence framework by undertaking regular reviews of operational procedures and controls and adhering to the error reporting process.
- Support a culture of effective challenge to evolve daily operational processes, recommend and implement changes and deliver continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to Custodians, Fund Accounting and Unit Registry service providers.
- Participate as required to any new business implementation projects.
- Ensure all functional procedures are kept up to date.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Proficient written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrates ability to liaise with people at different levels within the organisation.
- Excellent organisational, planning and execution skills including ability to prioritise and multi-task to meet competing deadlines.
- Ability to work in an environment requiring attention to detail, problem solving with high level of accuracy.
- Genuine interest and good understanding of financial markets.
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong PC skills essential.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Team player and self-motivated professional with the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities while maintaining high quality of service.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience from either an Investment Manager or Global Custodian, with unit pricing, custody, middle-office or transfer agent knowledge preferable.
- You will have a proven track record of meeting service level expectations.
- Relevant degree (Finance, Accounting, Economics).
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.