AVP Trade Management
Who we are looking for
AVP within the Trade Management department. Primary functions includes trade processing, confirmation, settlements. Will have direct management of Irvine staff and offshore support teams. Manager will work with other departments, including technology, to improve processes.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As AVP Trade Management you will
- Supervise daily operations and processes. Motivate staff and answer or refer time sensitive questions.
- May perform work activities similar to the team of employees that are being supervised.
- Identify and resolve work processing issues. Make suggestions to streamline operations and /or increase departmental efficiencies.
- Prioritize and delegate work. Responsible for quality control and validity of all data.
- Defines and manages successful completion of ad hoc client requests, reports and/or projects. Ensure timeliness of deliverables and that final product meets client needs.
- Coordinate/oversee special projects and audits.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Hire, train and develop new staff. Complete performance appraisals and provide input on promotions and salary increases.
- Monitor vacations, holidays and absenteeism, overtime, and ensure adequate coverage at all times.
- Assist management in the implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Resource for monitoring, reporting and resolution of all issues.
- May perform other duties as requested.
- Responsible for risk management by ensuring staff understands all Standard Operating Procedures, Key Controls, and Client Specific Procedures.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ethical decision making
- Ability to work in a team environment with emphasis on collaboration with both clients and other internal service teams.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years related work experience.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.