MY - Tax Internship / Tax Assistant, Tax Technology Consulting
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
The role requires you to apply your relevant tax technical and operations experience to troubleshoot on clients’ tax data and reporting issues and provide business or functional requirements to help resolves people, process, data and technology solutions/tools requirements or issues.
You will be required to:
- Business functional champion for the solution(s) development, testing, implementations and support.
- Act as a change agent to ensure that proper change management plan (business user adoption) is executed.
- Be working with varies technology solutions subject matter experts or development leads to provide and guide them on how tax technical and process requirements works (provide tax technical, operational and reporting requirements).
- Provide quality assurance (tax reporting templates from different industries with different incentives) plan and review activities to ensure that we deliver quality solutions to our clients.
- Reviewing tax data and participate in building tax reporting dashboard or reports that provides insightful tax information or reports.
- Participate in facilitating and enhancing collaboration (tax process and operations improvements feedback) to build a better tax technology solution and technical practice.
- Require coordinating different tax types requirements and data. For example, direct tax, indirect tax, TP and etc.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Associates / Analysts / Consultants across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the expectations set and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping own performance on track.
- Understand how our daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills, with stakeholders, clients and team.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Economics or Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of tax technical, reporting, and operational process.
- Strong project management skills and delivery mindset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Able to analyse new business process, industry nuances and leading practices.
- Personal leadership qualities in project delivery.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Candidates will only be contacted by authorized Deloitte Recruiters via firm’s business contact number or business email address.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.