Strategy and Transactions - Financial Services - Transaction Support - Manager
Financial Services Strategy and Transactions – Transaction Support Manager - Ireland
What is FSO Strategy and Transactions?
The integration of our Europe, Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA) practices means that the Financial Service Office (FSO) Strategy and Transactions (SaT) team comprises nearly 650+ dedicated financial services transaction professionals, in London, Paris, Frankfurt, Brussels, Dublin, Amsterdam, Milan, Madrid and Zurich.
Our Ireland FSO SaT practice is an integral part of our EMEIA TAS team, and as a result of sustained growth and significant market activity in the Irish & international markets the team continues to grow across all of our services.
Our clients include both strategic corporates and international private equity executing transformative deals across the full breath of the financial service landscape from aircraft leasing, payments & technology, wealth & asset management through to banks and specialist lending platforms.
Who are Strategy and Transactions?
At a time when the global business environment holds increasingly complex strategic challenges, we know that how organisations manage their capital agenda today will define their competitive position tomorrow.
As a SaT professional you will have the opportunity to work on global and high-profile engagements as part of a market leading team, combined with significant development opportunities to step up and take early responsibility. Our projects are typically complex, integrated assignments that involve working with colleagues across a variety of disciplines, as well as other professional advisers, you'll work with the world’s largest organisations, fastest-growing companies and private equity firms on some of the biggest and most complex cross-border engagements in the global market.
In Ireland, you will join a growing team of transaction professionals within an established EY Financial Services business. You'll help those clients to make better and more informed decisions about how they manage capital and transactions in a changing world. That means advising businesses on how they preserve, optimise, raise and invest their capital to help them achieve their strategic objectives.
If you understand capital and how to make it work harder, Strategy and Transactions will offer the career opportunities you’re looking for. A genuinely accessible option for those who wish to develop their career internationally
What will I be doing?
Typical activities will include the following:
- Our Transaction Support team aims to assist clients throughout the entire transaction process and works closely with other specialists both within SaT and other Service Lines. Whilst traditional financial due diligence is a key element of our work, transaction support is much broader, incorporating assistance with strategic assessment, transaction management, negotiation and documentation, and post-completion processes.
- Typically, you'll analyse the financial and operational results of companies targeted for sale by reviewing financial information and participating in interviews with management.
- Based on understanding the key business drivers, prepare and review analyses of historical and pro forma financial information to assess trends and fluctuations that may impact funding requirements and deal valuation
- Project manage teams and work closely with all members as well as forming strong internal links within transaction support and other departments in EY both in the Ireland and internationally to form multi-disciplinary teams
- Connect with specialists in researching technical accounting issues to evaluate implications on transaction valuation and structuring and communicate accordingly with clients
- Plan, prepare and lead a significant portions of the preparation of client deliverables including excel databook analysis, reports, presentations and discussion packs
- Play a role in business planning initiatives (e.g. key accounts, recruitment, client service framework)
- Work effectively as a team member by demonstrating your commitment to quality, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior management members on progress.
- Help to create a positive learning culture for junior team members and support their development. And as part of your role in the wider team, you’ll have a role to play in other team initiatives – for example, account management, target client research and recruitment
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong academic record including a degree in Business / Commerce or equivalent qualification
- ACA / ACCA qualified
- Transaction diligence or corporate finance experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Demonstrate a keen interest in financial services activity
- Commercial awareness gained through direct experience of the financial services sector
- Excellent analytical, IT and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to work well within a team
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
- Strong word, excel and PowerPoint skills
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.