Core Operations, Sr Assc
As a member of State Street’s Corporate Actions team based in Edinburgh , this role is responsible for the delivery of custody services to State Street’s client's and Investment Managers.
The candidate will be responsible for timely and accurate processing of client corporate actions instructions, the timely and accurate payment of client cash and stock entitlements and management of client inquiries. Throughout the event lifecycle we ensure market deadlines are met and reporting deliverables are resolved within client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
Working in a global team, the candidate will liaise with State Street colleagues and clients across multiple time zones, an understanding Corporate Actions event lifecycle and/or Income services is desirable.
Teams in Edinburgh cover all global markets via our Middle Office service model and, via the custody service dedicated processing for the UK, European, Middle Eastern & African markets.
The successful candidate will have a prior experience of establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with other teams, with clients and with global service providers.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As A Senior Associate you will:
- Operating team providing support and control over complex and time critical corporate action events and transactions.
- Prioritizing the workload and ensure daily tasks are completed
- Ensure effective risk management by coordinating or completing end of day management reporting and ensuring timely escalation and resolution of pertinent issues.
- Act as a subject matter expert support on projects and initiatives aimed at improving the corporate action product.
- As assigned process and/or resolve complex issues such as but not limited to instruction discrepancies, suspense account reconciliation and exception resolution
- Assist and co-ordinate procedural changes to the current process
- Deliver effective client service
- Coaching, development and performance monitoring of team
- Ensure client inquiries are resolved and escalated as needed, review aged inquiries to ensure appropriate and timely resolution in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Demonstrate understanding of State Street’s Risk Excellence principles and support the Risk Sensing function by identifying and documenting areas of potential risk, advocate solutions.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Proven communication skills
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Customer focused approach
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Team player with ability to work independently
- Willingness to learn
- Idea generator
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- An understanding of the financial services industry
- Experience of Corporate Actions in a custody and/or middle office environment
- Educated to a degree level (preferred)
- Working towards IOC (preferred)
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.