Upstream Finance Analyst
Reporting & Analysis support
- Understand and support specialized requirements for financial reporting in Upstream business
- Support Financial analysis by providing commentaries on monthly, quarterly and yearly movements and balances for Financial Statements.
- Post month end related journals
- Troubleshoot & investigate system errors
- Local statutory reporting
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations (Blackline) ensuring all control requirements met on a timely basis
Central Finance Support
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders on and offshore to deliver overall success in accounting and reporting services
- Transaction analysis & ad hoc queries to support requests from Onshore, JV Partners & multiple FO stakeholders.
- Assist in improving the level and quality of information that is provided to the business and used internally for review and control
- Ensure all controls complied with and evidenced
- Assisting with the process and all internal/external audit requests including those for JV partners and Production Sharing Contracts
- Responsible for planning own workload in order to meet stated deadlines and escalating issues as appropriate
- Identify accounting issues and propose solutions / escalate as necessary.
- Identify areas for process improvements within existing scope
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or Professional Qualifications with 3 years related work
- Able to display good teamwork focused to deliver results and meeting business needs
- Able to work independently and with offsite stakeholders
- Able to communicate and present well
- Attention to detail and willingness to learn.
- Able to work under pressure and highly disciplined in meeting deadlines
- Able to work with Group resources on process streamlining and standardization
- Knowledge of Shell businesses will be an advantage.
- Sound IT knowledge and hands-on experience/skills preferred e.g. SAP, Microsoft applications especially Excel
- Proficient in written and spoken English
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.