Director - Fund Accounting
The Director – Fund Accounting is responsible to build and sustain a premium organization capable of delivering services in a high-volume, client centered environment where higher level of service requires developing/maintaining process excellence.
The Director – Fund Accounting is a sought-out business partner and resource for client requesting accounting needs by leading individual and team performance.
Ensures that work delivered to clients are compliant to the Group and Company compliance policies as well as local regulatory framework.
- Manage a team of accounting professionals to delivery accounting related services to clients.
- Encourages new ideas, approaches and opinions.
- Works together with the Accounting Resource Manager and Managers to ensure the planning assumptions and input are correct. Accurately establishes capacity plan.
- Evaluates optimal resource utilization between each team by ensuring staff allocation arbitration. Assesses accordingly the capacity plan.
- Ensures efficiency of operations to minimize costs and allows on-time delivery of services to clients.
- Works closely with the Executive Director to ensure client’s expectations are met.
- Manage the Accounting team to ensure that client deadlines and milestones are met.
- Ensures all incidents and clients’ complaints are logged and properly handled.
- Prepare and analyse the incidents and clients’ complaints reports to include immediate mitigation to avoid similar occurrences. Report to be communicated to respective committee/forum.
- Ensures invoicing is timely and full, including billing of all Ad-hoc works.
- Ensures Compliance and risk policies and protocols are adhered to by the entire department and deficiencies repaired and escalated to CDD without delay.
- Takes responsibility for the quality control in the department while promoting empowerment and ownership.
- Daily time sheet control and approval for his direct reports + overruns check and chargeability.
- Monitors improvement in processes and optimisation of technology.
- Leads continuous improvement efforts and projects to refine production methods and processes to produce quality services that meet customer requirements in the most cost-effective manner.
- Directs, guides, monitors the department with consistent and established operating mode, and safety procedures and processes. Engages in problem solving of complex situations.
- Monitoring of budgets, identifying revenue opportunities and monitoring of WIP.
- Ascertain scop creep work, if any, and discuss that with client and seniors in timely manner.
- Work together with the Managers to ensure a proper allocation of client/task to the team members. Identify staff’s training requirements and arrange/provide required training to them.
- Develops and maintains targets concerning staffing; overtime budgeting and productivity.
- Directs, guides, monitors Manager under his/her accountability e.g. quality of work, leaves, attrition, appraisal, coaching and development.
- Report to CDD on information related to accounting deliverables.
- Ensure protections of information assets of IQ-EQ MU and to abide by the ISMS in place at IQ-EQ MU
Education / professional qualifications
- Degree holder and/or related Professional qualification
- Minimum 10 years’ managerial operational experience in either fund accounting services
- Fluent in spoken English
- Experience in complex accounting
- Sound Knowledge of accounting GAAP. Review/Preparation of Financial Statements under IndAs, IFRS and other applicable laws and regulations
- Proven client operational relationship at senior level
Computer / program knowledge
- Knowledge of PAXUS and/or Microgen. Microsoft office, experience in the use of internal tools and programs
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.