Accounting Associate - Outsourcing
6 days left
- Experience level
- Part qualified
We are an award winning digital first accountancy group, looking for someone exceptional and customer focused to join our outsourcing team as an Accounting Associate . Recently recognised as a Great Place to Work, you will be joining an ambitious team, based in our Norwich office, with hybrid working
Outsourcing is a fast-growing department within Farnell Clarke. We are a small friendly team which works together and with the latest cloud technology to service our clients’ financial requirements efficiently.
Our clients see us as their virtual finance department, we free up their time so they can focus on their business. Each member of the outsource team has designated clients, and with this comes frequent communication, swiftly ensuring we build strong relationships and are valued members of our client’s team.
Bookkeeping is the bedrock of everything we do. Utilising apps we can accurately and efficiently post and reconcile transactions, with the added bonus of reducing laborious data entry. We are always researching the market for tools which will improve processes, constantly trying to improve.
The accuracy of the information we provide monthly; management accounts & cashflow forecasts is wholly reliant on the bookkeeping and is hugely appreciated by our clients. Management information, produced in a timely manner, ensure business decisions can be made and clients can be reactive.
We are very much focused on each member of the outsource team, encouraging and supporting CPD and career progression.
ROLE: Accounting Associate
REPORTING TO: Client Accountant
ROLE SUMMARY: To undertake and support the outsourcing team with daily, weekly and monthly financial tasks which enable the smooth and effective running of our clients’ businesses
You will have already gained experience within an accounting environment, and ideally be qualified or working towards completion of your AAT qualification. We are a focussed on using the latest technology available, so experience of cloud accounting products such as Xero and Dext would be an advantage
- Carry out book keeping tasks (bank reconciliations, purchase / sales invoices, etc) for clients
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns for clients and submit to Senior/Manager for review
- Work with our clients to bring efficiencies in their processes
- Preparation of management accounts and month end reports
- Provide support to clients in person, via telephone, email and e-meetings
- Liaise with clients where required
- Ensure electronic client files are complete and fully maintained
- Returning client records
- Build positive relationships with clients in day to day work
- Promote the services of the business to clients and potential clients
- Communicate effectively with others in the team
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in order to meet the objectives of the business
- Contribute to team meetings and put forward ideas and feedback in order to improve ways of working
Job Description March 2022
- To assist with training of trainee members of staff
Competencies & Behaviours
- Completes new tasks under supervision
- Performs routine tasks with minimal supervision
- Is accurate in execution of tasks
- Prioritises clients’ issues and addresses them accordingly
- Responds to and anticipates client needs in a timely, professional, helpful and courteous manner
- Actively shares knowledge among peers
- Self-assesses against standards for current position to identify learning needs.
- Demonstrates initiative in professional self development
- Demonstrates the ability to challenge existing practices in order to become more effective
- Is able to seek out support to make decisions
- Maintains continuous, open and consistent communication with others
- Assumes additional responsibilities to facilitate the achievement of team goals
Apply for Accounting Associate - Outsourcing
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly