Global Mobility & Employment Taxes Manager
Are you looking to take the next step on your journey? Do you want to be part of an international family whose vision is “To make their services smarter, more effective, and more personal every day”? If yes, then you could be our next investment! At Azets, you're in control of your career and with our support this will make us even stronger, together.
Our motto when it comes to career development is “Your Journey, Your Voice, Your Success".
Azets is an award-winning leading firm of Accountants and Business Advisers operating across the UK and the Nordics. We are a family of over 6,500 employees and work across 100 offices in the UK alone. We have seen dramatic growth in recent years which has made us the 9th largest accountancy firm in the UK, and we are over the moon to have been awarded Accountancy Firm of the Year in the FD Excellence Survey 2020. As a result of this growth, we are now looking to invest in our skills set even further!
As a dynamic Tax Manager working for Azets you will be managing a portfolio of clients, overseeing the employment tax and global mobility compliance processes and advice in the region. You will support the Global Mobility and Employment Taxes Director closely to deliver tax advisory services. As part of your own development, you will establish strong working relationships with your own portfolio of clients through assignments and regular contact, including attending client meetings.Key Accountabilities
- Work closely with our international network to deliver multi-jurisdictional advice to our clients who have employees working on a cross-border basis.
- Act as a technical resource for cross border clients including inputting into complex private client cases where there are overseas aspects to consider.
- Supporting with the preparation and/or reviewing of complex personal client returns where there are overseas aspects to consider.
- Supporting in the delivery of technical updates on key global mobility areas, including presenting internally and externally both in person and virtually.
- Working closely with the payroll advisory team to advise on complex payroll matters such as Appendix 5 agreements and s690 applications.
- The delivery of advice and support regarding Short Term Business Visitors (including applications and annual reporting) and Non-Resident Directors.
- Advising clients with respect to social security related issues including applying for Certificates of Coverage and A1 Certificates.
- Knowledge of some overseas tax would be advantageous, particularly the US and major European locations.
Global Employment Taxes
- Support with the delivery of advice to UK based businesses who are setting up in overseas jurisdictions and/or have remote employees based in overseas jurisdictions to establish the tax and social security position of working in those countries.
- Provide advice to overseas businesses who are setting up in the UK and/or have remote employees in the UK to determine the tax and social security position in the UK.
UK Employment Taxes
- To support the National UK employment taxes team to help further embed advisory services to our Midlands client base ideally to include the following aspects:
- The tax efficient provision of benefits in kind to employees.
- The provision of vehicles and fuel to employee and the reimbursement of associated costs for so called grey fleet users.
- Supporting in the structuring salary sacrifice arrangements.
- A working knowledge of the construction Industry Scheme.
- Employment status issues including IR35.
- Related issue around flexible/agile working, including travel policies and home working arrangements.
- Employment taxes client reviews and interaction with the wider tax team to delivery multi-disciplinary advisory projects.
- Managing complex HMRC employment taxes enquiries.
Previous Employment Tax and Global Mobility experience in a similar role within a practice or in-house environment is advantageous. We are looking for someone with strong technical knowledge and the ability to carry out research into complex areas of tax legislation. In terms of qualifications, we would ideally be looking a CTA and possibly ACA (or equivalent) qualified Tax specialist.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK/Irish citizen or already possess a current UK Working Visa.