Fund Services Tax, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
The purpose of this role is to support the UK Life Tax Manager to ensure that all client Life Tax deliverables are achieved, in line with SLAs and in adherence with company policies and procedures.
The UK Life Tax team works in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment producing and analysing Life Tax calculations. Producing daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual deliverables. The role involves investigating and responding to client queries, performing and reviewing BAU tasks, involvement in project work, supporting junior members of the team and working closely with the offshore Life Tax Team, to assist, monitor and perform oversight of activities performed. Knowledge of UK Life and SA tax is not a pre-requisite as training will be given.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Tax Senior Associate you will
- Complete all assigned BAU tasks in accordance with internal and external deadlines, adhering to set procedures and checklists to produce accurate tax calculations.
- Develop an advanced understanding of how tax liabilities and reliefs are calculated taking into consideration the current legislation and client specific requirements.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of MS office suite, advanced Excel, Word & PowerPoint knowledge - e.g. ability to use complex formulae, formatting and VBA in Excel and produce formatted Word and PowerPoint documentation.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritise full workload effectively without assistance, ensuring that all client deliverables are met.
- Collate, review, analyse and present management information data as and when required.
- Demonstrate ability to complete and review daily administration tasks such as filing, printing documents, maintaining written procedures, checklists and files.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, colleagues, and other departments.
- Demonstrate ability to be a team player who responds well to working as part of a team and also on individual tasks.
- Act as a referral point and support for junior staff, assisting with training and development of others.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role.
- Take responsibility for own personal development and training, identifying areas support is needed in, with suggestions on how to proceed and develop.
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour.
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business.
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Educated to degree level/equivalent or experience in similar role within Financial Services Industry.
- Essential – Organisational skills, communication/interpersonal skills, attention to detail, numerical skills, problem-solving skills, analytical skills, Excel skills
- Desirable - Accounting/Tax knowledge, project management/lead experience
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.