Accountant, Private Equity Accounting - Hybrid
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The Private Equity department has been based in Limerick since 2007. As a member of the Private Equity Department, reporting to a Team Leader within the team, the successful candidate will assist in all aspects of the administration of Private Equity Funds including fund accounting, transfer agency and financial reporting. The Private Equity team consists of a team of 31 dynamic partners and continues to grow. Our clients include some of the most highly successful Private Equity houses globally. We use best-in-breed systems and cutting-edge technology to deliver excellent service to our clients. Recently Northern Trust was named Global Private Equity Fund Administrator of the Year by the Global Investor Group.
This position has arisen in our Limerick office due to growth and expansion of the Private Equity Department. The successful candidate will have responsibility for ensuring that the allocated clients are provided with a high end, timely and effective service. This service will be completed in accordance with the client’s needs and the policies and procedures of the Company. The objective of the role is to pick up an existing client list and become proficient in providing an end-to-end fund administration function to the existing high standards synonymous with department
Technical Private Equity & Real estate induction, on-boarding & functional training provided, complimented with ongoing practical coaching.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparation of the valuations and/or consolidated calculations for Private Equity Companies/Funds
- Preparation of the financial statements for Private Equity Companies/Funds
- Bookkeeping / Cash Management
- Conduct all required bookkeeping tasks
- Prepare accounts reporting pack
- Ensure all relevant filings on behalf of the Company/Fund are completed accurately and on time
- Prepare management accounts
- Daily client management, review and maintain calls/distributions/shareholders information
- Progress to completion the audit process for Private Equity Companies/Funds
- Preparation & collation of reports for board packs
- Fulfil additional, relevant tasks appropriate to the role and business requirements
- The ideal candidate will be a part-qualified accountant/finalist and will have previous experience in a busy accounting environment.
- They will have a track record in demonstrating knowledge of debits and credits, will have Financial Statements production.
- They will be a team player, customer-centric, have excellent attention to detail, positive attitude, enthusiasm, natural ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and have good communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office – Excel and Word
- A track record of excellent attention to detail
- A track record in optimising system use and automating processes where possible
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve!Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us andapply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.