Central Finance Assistant
We are currently recruiting for a Purchase Ledger Assistant on a permanent basis to join the Central Finance Department at Kreston Reeves in Canterbury.
Kreston Reeves advise dynamic businesses, not for profit organisations, private individuals and families on all areas of business, tax and wealth. We help clients make confident decisions about their future.
With offices across London, Kent and Sussex and international reach via Kreston International, we are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of all our clients wherever their ambition takes them.
We provide a full range of accountancy, business advisory and financial services that will help clients to achieve their personal and business goals.
We are looking for a trusted member of staff to join the Central Finance team on a permanent basis.
Firm Culture and Benefits
Having started out over 200 years ago, we are long-standing employers across our office communities in Kent, Sussex, London - and beyond. We’re really proud of the reputation we’ve built and we’re grateful to our people for making it stronger every day. Our strong commitment to living our firm’s values means we listen carefully to our teams and enjoy helping each other succeed – creating a culture in which our employees can thrive and provide the highest service to our clients.
We want all our employees to be rewarded for their hard work and enjoy a balanced lifestyle, which is why we offer benefits such as agile working, and an engagement programme centred around mental health and wellbeing.
We are also proud of our active Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) programme. Our own Kreston Reeves Charity Foundation enables us to consistently ‘give back’ to our local communities wherever we can, as well as provide opportunities for our employees to get more involved in charitable work and in choosing the causes which benefit from the Foundation. We give all of our employees the option to take one day paid each year for volunteering so they can support the charitable causes closest to them.
Other benefits we offer our employees include up to 5% contribution on our pension scheme and a grade specific flexible benefit pot to use throughout the year on a range of benefits (including mandatory Private health plan, Death in service and Income protection) from gym membership and restaurant discount cards, to travel insurance and additional health insurance - and much more.
We are proud of the positive culture and flexible working environment our employees enjoy.
You will provide detailed support to the Finance department, covering a variety of responsibilities within a supportive team to ensure many of the core functions of the department are delivered efficiently and providing excellent and proactive service to our internal customers. The core responsibilities include assisting in the management of Purchase Ledger, staff and Partner expenses, client monies, bank payments as well as other ad hoc requirements. You will need to be proactive in problem solving plus resolve internal and external issues in a confident and meticulous manner.
The objectives of the role
To assist with the Bookkeeping and day to day administrative tasks of the Central Finance team as they undertake a new dynamic way of working.
- Purchase Ledger duties including invoice coding/posting, weekly payment runs, liaising with suppliers and resolving queries
- Handling Client monies in according with ICAEW Regulations, processing of bank payments and reconciliations
- General Bookkeeping tasks to assist the Finance Team, including Staff & Partner Expenses
- Accurate Data Entry into the Finance system to ensure data is available for firmwide Financial Reporting deadlines
- Quickly understand and help to put in place best practices to assist the use of a new accounts package and develop improvements in the Purchase Ledger
- Liaising with and working closely with client service teams across the firm
- Providing support to the Finance Director, Finance Controller and other members of the Central Finance team
- Adhoc administrative duties
- 5 GCSE’s at Level C or above (or equivalent)
- Experience of working in a Finance department would be beneficial
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping would be beneficial
- Opportunity AAT apprenticeship
- Effective communicator
- Attention to detail
- A team player with a driven, self-starter attitude
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK/Irish citizen or already possess a current UK Working Visa.