Accounting Senior Analyst
Senior Accounting Analyst
We are a global, multi-billion-dollar corporation – and Accounting is vital to reflecting our staggering earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results. To meet this challenge, we implement best practices, provide general financial support, resolve queries, prepare reports and provide statistics. We also design policies and procedures that adhere to audit standards and conform to FASB and SEC guidance, as well as compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley section 404.
Join us as a Senior Analyst on our Accounting team in Penang to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Accounting Analyst, you will resolve financial support issues and inquiries from both internal and external customers and work with relevant non-accounting personnel in reviewing contracts to confirm company policies are adhered to and financial reporting requirements of the company are met.
- Ensure accurate and timely GAAP Financial attribution on hardware, software and peripherals SKUs with no material accounting adjustments as a result of incorrect attribution
- Support month end close to ensure all SKU attributed and attribution related issues resolved in timely manner to enable the Accounting closing
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of SnP Monarch Products Offering Code (POC) attribution in line with the business rules provided and feedback on escalation requests
- Maintain compliance with accounting guidance and ensure consistent process across the region and globally
- Perform or support any internal controls, SOX audit and testing as and when necessary
- Drive and support process improvement where appropriate: Automation, RPA
- Drive and support system implementation where appropriate: DSA, VT
- Drive and support business initiative where appropriate: APEX, 1Finance
- Prepare & provide ad-hoc information/data analysis as and when required
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Excellent communication skills & proficient in English
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office applications (MS Excel, MS Access & MS PowerPoint)
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong time management & priority management
- Results oriented, flexible, enthusiastic, self-motivated and a team player
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or professional qualification
- Minimum working experience of2 years & above
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Dell's business, products, and systems required is a plus
- VBA, SQL and RPA/automation work experience will be an advantage
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: D30 July 2022
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.