Operations Client Service, Officer
Who We Are Looking For
An opportunity has opened up for an Officer to join an exceptional custody specialist team delivering premium custody subject matter expertise to clients, asset owners and investment managers. The role requires an understanding of custodial services and administration, knowledge of local and global financial markets and investment instruments.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Drive accountability & ownership by ensuring that our control framework is understood across all levels of the team
- Management escalation point for queries received from both internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure that all staff fully comply with corporate policies to meet the needs of regulatory requirements and are fully engaged in local legal entity governance structure where appropriate
- Collaborate both internally and externally to drive efficiencies and best practices, including implementing process improvements for our business and our clients
- Assess, own and manage client custody specific issues for top-tier asset owners and institutional banking clients.
- Build on subject matter expertise across all facets of custody administration including:
- All aspects of custodial administration
- Corporate actions
- Full trade settlement cycle
- Various financial markets globally, and
- Procedural and global market specific issues impacting clients and asset owners
- Develop and enhance client relationships by leveraging exceptional custody matter expertise
- Collaborate with internal teams and departments to improve the delivery of client custody solutions .
- Effectively manage and mentor team members through operational insight and leadership skills.
- Thorough understanding of back office functionality and risk.
- Act with minimal direction in self directed capacities to resolve issues, identify gaps and implement solutions.
What We Value
This role is well suited to a dynamic and experienced custody client service professional. Working with an allocated institutional client base, this role will allow you to demonstrate your outstanding team management, client service and relationship management skills.
To be considered for this role you will ideally demonstrate the following attributes:
- Proven and proficient written and verbal communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and initiative in a self-directed environment
- A strong appreciation of client service acumen
- Excellent organisational, planning and execution skills including ability to prioritise and multi-task. You must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- An understanding of Global Custody – Product
- Comprehensive knowledge of equity, fixed income, FX, derivatives, financial market practice (domestic and global markets)
- Fundamental understanding of the trade lifecycle including sub custodians, cash correspondents and market depositories.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree (Finance, Business, Economics)
- 5 years + experience in a financial services work environment
- Experience in managing and mentoring a high performing team
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an exceptional individual to lead a team of experts who cover investment performance, attribution, risk, mandate compliance monitoring and private market analytics for our clients. The successful candidate will work in a dynamic, industry leading analytics team with a diverse client base across the Asia-pacific region. This is an opportunity to contribute to our client centric culture by offering your expertise and thought leadership. You must be able to build strong relationships with clients and our business partners to deliver valued solutions. It is vital you can lead a team of experts and create a highly engaged environment.
What you will be responsible for
- Execution of the SSIA APAC strategy (Client Service Process)
- deliver client service excellence (improve the client experience)
- execute all parts of the SSIA APAC Client Service Process (CSP), manage expectations to exceed our clients’ expectations
- manage client risks and gaps (using Hypercare framework)
- build strong relationships with clients and internal stakeholders
- member of the SSIA regional leadership team
- Client strategy and escalation point
- stakeholder management
- client plans for our strategic clients, including Strategic client engagement (Quarterly Strategic Meetings)
- Build a local high performing and engaged SSIA team
- manage team engagement and development (experts that can face off with our clients)
- resource management (replacements, allocations, overtime management)
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Manage client relationships and stakeholders effectively in local language
- Strong staff management and development experience
- Technical expertise in Financial Markets, specifically strong analytics skills
- Key behaviors – collaboration, sharing knowledge and a growth mindset
- Manage risk proactively
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- University degree qualification (post graduate degree and/or a CFA®, CIPM® or CAIA® an advantage)
- Around 10+ years’ industry experience, preferably in investment performance and analytics that includes:
- Interpreting and articulating investment performance, attribution and ex-post risk results for a diverse range of portfolios to clients
- Understanding of investment data requirements to produce analytics accurate results
- Understanding of mandate investment compliance
- Understanding of performance and attribution product trends, including models and GIPS
- Understanding of private market analytics
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.