Capital Analytics - Executive Director
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $3.8 trillion and operations worldwide. The Treasury and Chief Investment Office (T/CIO) manages JPM’s balance sheet strategy to ensure the Firm achieves its capital, liquidity, funding and structural interest rate exposure targets while growing shareholder value.
Capital Management is a team within T/CIO that partners with several JPM functions, including LOB Treasurers and Finance teams, Policy, Risk, Investor Relations, senior leaders and other stakeholders to manage the firm’s capital position, manages the Firmwide Capital Stress Testing Process, provides perspective on regulatory capital-related topics, guides LOBs on efficient capital decisions, etc.
The individual will be a senior member of the Corporate Capital Stress Testing team and be responsible for helping to lead the efforts to optimize the firm’s Stress Capital Buffer requirement. The individual will partner closely with colleagues across the Firm in Treasury, Corporate Finance, Risk Management, and the lines of business. The ideal candidate should have extensive financial services industry experience, strong leadership and management skills and strong analytical and communication skills.
Some of the key dimensions of the role are:
- Driving end-to-end Stress Capital Buffer optimization analytics and initiatives
- Partnering effectively with stakeholders in the lines of business to help evaluate the impact to profitability of the firm’s Stress Capital Buffer requirement
- Producing detailed analytics to support regulatory capital advocacy efforts and the firm’s capital stress testing processes
- Producing high quality and well-structured presentations for Senior Management and the Board of Directors as well as other key stakeholders
- Preparing ad-hoc analysis for Senior Management, Regulatory Agencies, and other key stakeholders
The position offers good visibility into strategic capital management activities as well as the unique opportunity to understand initiatives from a Firmwide perspective. The team regularly produces analysis to support business decisions at a variety of settings, including the Capital Governance Committee, Asset and Liability Committee, and the Board of Directors. The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently, handle ambiguity, and proactively seek support and input where required. The ability to pick up new and complex concepts quickly, work efficiently, and communicate effectively will be one of the keys to success.
- 10-15 years of financial services/banking industry experience, ideally in Treasury, Corporate Finance, Risk Management, Investment Banking, or Management Consulting
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Engineering
- Relevant knowledge in one of the key content areas is preferred (e.g., financial analysis, capital, liquidity, treasury, risk management, business analysis)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to prepare executive-level presentations
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Strong organizational and execution skills
- Ability to balance workload between short-term and longer-term projects and meet deadlines under pressure
- Qualified candidates will be highly resourceful, self-motivated individuals with a strong work ethic and hunger to learn
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.