Alpha Portfolio Services - Officer
Who we are looking for
As a Portfolio Services Officer in Berwyn Pennsylvania ones responsibilities include the daily delivery of accurate and timely cash and position data to our clients. Under the direction of the AVP/VP, monitors assigned accounts for issues associated with cash, settlements, ad-hoc processing, reporting and performs pre/post cycle reviews. Expected to work with reduced oversight to identify exceptions and escalate issues once appropriate research has been completed. This person will be highly regarded with an excellent track record in his or her current environment and must be a strong decisive results oriented individual who can develop and manage relationships across the company with a wide variety of partners based on trust teamwork and knowledge.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of a global, cross-divisional group supporting State Street AlphaSM.
State Street AlphaSM redefines the common definition of ‘alpha’ to mean powering better performance and outcomes at every point on the investment lifecycle and is the first open platform from a single provider that connects the front, middle and back office. It harmonizes data, technology and services across trusted providers to help our clients better manage their businesses.
Join us if making your mark in an ever-changing, increasingly complex and competitive industry is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Alpha Portfolio Services, Officer you will
- The position will require the ability to analyze diagnose design and implement solutions to work with client data for smaller clients or aspects of larger more complex clients.
- Liaise with colleagues within the Berwyn, Sacramento, London, Australia and IndiaSSC offices and divisions globally, where required, for query resolution
- Act as a point of contact for client queries relating to the Recordkeeping system and client file deliveries are tracked with proactive management to ensure timely response and resolution
- Perform key Recordkeeping system functions
- Perform daily checks on file deliverables to the clients investigate discrepancies and ensure daily resolution of identified queries
- Perform an overview function for the Shared Services functions identifying operational trends issues and areas for improvement.
- Perform work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures.
- Handle and resolve issues involving all operational and various IT areas (e.g. Asset servicing Trade Operations Client Reporting)
- Support and provide analysis for Client Change Request items impacting the Enterprise processes and Operating Models
- Take ownership of issues to resolution, engage teams as needed to gain consensus and communicate progress.
- Researches the more complex problems and consults with manager where clarification or exception to policy/procedures may be required.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Work independently to research and resolve problems considering multiple avenues for resolution.
- Communicate effectively on issues/problems to the Client and to SSC management and ensure a proper and timely follow-up to ensure resolution.
- Provide guidance and support, act as resource and assist team members from multiple operational areas relating to Enterprise queries.
- Produce ad-hoc reports as required
- Complete and track progress with technical Change Control (RPMS) forms for clients and multiple operational areas.
- Review and ‘sign off’ internal Change Specification Documents impacting Enterprise systems and assess client impacts
- Complete system testing for Change Control enhancements
- Complete any ad-hoc tasks as identified by the line manager
- Provide Subject Matter expertise for complex system architecture queries/changes
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related custody and/or fund accounting experience.
- Previous experience with Charles River Development a plus.
- Knowledge of securities language preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and attention to details skills.
- SQL writing experience preferred or willingness to learn.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Must be deadline oriented with the ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.