Junior Insight Analyst
We are looking for an Insight Analyst to join our experienced Fraud Analytics team within Finance. As a team we are responsible for analysing fraudulent activity and developing and maintaining fraud prevention strategies across both our payment and credit platforms.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who has great analytical skills within a similar role, has experience of using Excel, some SQL and is looking to develop their career within a growing business and with a well known brand! You’ll also be the kind of person who enjoys getting stuck into complex problems and working on cross functional projects.
This role is based in our Credit & Risk department. Of our 8 million customers, 2.5 million use a nextpay credit account. And that’s where we come in: maximising sales opportunities by offering the right amount of credit to every customer – existing and prospective. Curiosity is a necessity here, as we analyse huge amounts of data, to scan for fraud, and identify both anomalies and opportunities. We work with ‘big data’ every day, to make the correct decisions for our customers, and the company.
This role is based at our head office in Leicestershire.
- Producing accurate and relevant fraud MI for management and the wider business
- Detecting and understanding emerging fraudulent activity
- Configuring the internal fraud engine to manage fraud risk within the risk appetite parameters
- Providing analysis to support development and maintenance of fraud tools and defences
- Devising and maintaining fraud decision scorecards to allow accurate and efficient upfront decisoning
- Drive forward the fraud and risk strategies for new services to enhance fraud prevention with minimal customer friction
- Develop and maintain analytical models across payment vendors to understand the chargeback environment
- You will have experience of working in an analyst position
- Experience of working with Excel and SQL
- Excellent problem solving skills with evidence of demonstrating tenacity and a methodical approach
- A commercial thinker who looks for internal or external solutions to problems
- Self motivated with the ability to adapt to changing fraud threats in a fast paced environment
- Commitment and flexibility
- Experience with SQL for querying and analytics (desirable)
- Previous exposure to SAS or the willingness to learn SAS (desirable)
- Experience of Secure Customer Authentication and Chargebacks is advantageous
While you’ll have heard our name, there’s a lot you probably don’t know about Next. Like how we facilitate e-commerce for numerous other brands that don’t have the scale and know-how we do. And that we’re still growing our own brand and business too.
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.