My client is looking for an ambitious Assistant Accountant with the main purpose of assisting with all aspects of the accounting of the UK side of the Business. This role reports directly into the Finance Manager.
My client is a rapidly growing, UK leading FMCG business who operate globally.
- Management Accounting - Be responsible for the preparation of management accounts to market accounting, with complex pricing methodologies and various supply routes, whilst meeting the group month-end close timetable and needs of the management team.
- Relationship Management - Build strong relationships within Finance function and middle office Risk team. Demonstrate leadership in dealing with transactional and non-transactional teams contributing to overall reported results.
- Trading book focus - Be the trusted expert on all financial aspects of your trading book, ready to be called on as required by both finance colleagues and the wider business.
- Middle office to Back office reconciliation - Understand the way the business reports its results internally, via the middle office Risk team, and how those results translate to back office accounting and the general ledger
- Strong Excel skills
- Degree (2.1 or above)
- Currently be studying or wanting to study towards a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA), with a strong accounting background.
- Possesses and demonstrates real analytical skills and can apply a logical approach to new challenges.
The successful candidate will receive a salary circa £28k with excellent benefits including hybrid working, study support and bonus scheme.