Are you a newly qualified (1-3 years PQE) who has had enough of watching other people manage and grow businesses and feel you have the skills and attributes to do this yourself?
We are looking for an ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant who will join our centre in London as part of a small but growing team with responsibilities of:
- Teaching cohorts of students and apprentices for AAT, ACA, CIMA and ACCA professional exams
- Using your skills, experience and passion for education to support in the growth of a new team and business unit
First Intuition (FI) has centres across the UK and therefore you will be joining a network with over 200 employees supporting over 7,000 students and apprentices. Business Education in the UK across all areas is a £4bn+ pa industry and growing annually and at FI we feel we can offer our clients a great personalised service coupled with high-quality education.
This role is not for the faint-hearted. It is not for those that like to do what the last person did. It is not for those that
don’t like to take responsibility. It is not for those that can’t operate in a close-knit team.
Who it is for is those people who enjoy learning, who enjoy sharing their knowledge with others, who enjoy seeing tangible success of their efforts, who want work to feel like it is something they are part of, not just something they have to do.
We don’t expect you to have taught before, and full training will be given. What we want you to bring is a passion, a sense of humour and an infectious personality that can enthuse others, coupled with a technical understanding of accounting that allows you to explain clearly to our students.
You would teach both classroom and online courses for a variety of professional qualifications including AAT, ACCA, CIMA and ICAEW. Your responsibilities may include:
- Delivering courses in line with FI’s teaching programmes and learning materials
- Answering student questions both in and out of class
- Providing feedback on work submitted by students
- Providing reporting and feedback to client managers as required
Wider engagement and support of the FI Ltd team
Whilst your initial focus would be on your teaching and student support, we are keen for all members of our team to contribute towards the successful running of our business. This can take a variety of forms from client engagement to learning activity creation.
Skills and Experience
- Qualified Accountant (to a L7 standard or equivalent)
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) in and out of the classroom
- A passion for sharing knowledge and helping others
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- A positive and solution focused attitude to work
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads
- Experience of working in cross-functional project teams with a variety of commercial and educational staff
- Knowledge of accountancy qualifications and apprenticeship standards
The following would be advantageous in this role:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and other commonly used office packages
We are looking for roles to be based in our Birmingham, London and Manchester offices. All of our offices are centrally located in terms of public transport
This role will report to the Head of Tutor Team.
Salary and Benefits
- We expect the salary for this role to be starting from £45k-£55k dependent on location, but flexible for the right candidate
- Performance related bonus scheme aligned with growth targets
- 30 days annual leave
Please note all potential employees are subject to a DBS Check to ensure our learners safety and this will be a mandatory requirement as part of final due diligence checks to the candidate offered the position.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter via the form below. .
Please note - candidates must currently have the right to live and work in the UK.