Core Operations, AVP
Core Operations, AVP
Management of the Middle Office function for a group of clients including participation in the sales, take-on and on-boarding of new clients as well as the development and growth of existing clients. Focusing on the development of the function, adhering to market practices, creating efficiencies and maximizing controls.
- Management of a group of clients.
- Relationship Building – Manage and develop relationships with clients, counterparties, prime brokers, other external parties such as vendors, etc.
- Sales / Marketing – Presenting to prospective clients the quality of the Middle Office service, including its people and systems.
- Time management – Manage team resources to create efficiencies, recognizing talent and ensuring training needs are addressed.
- Client focus – Consistent and active awareness of the client’s needs. Proactively sourcing ways to improve and promote quality. Displays a commitment to excellence. Ability to manage client’s expectations.
- Policies and Procedures – Development and upholding of company policies and procedures.
- Communication with other areas of the business at a high level – NAV, QA, Development, etc.
- Create efficiencies through technological enhancements and development.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area (minimum 2.2 honors degree)
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA qualified or part qualified an advantage
- In depth knowledge of the operational management of the following products:
- Equity, Futures, Options, Fixed Income, FX, Derivatives (IRS, CDS, TRS, etc)
- In depth knowledge of processing functions:
- Settlements, Fails, Market requirements, Treasury, Corp Actions
- IT Literate. In depth knowledge of IMS applications:
- Trademan, Mercer, PB exports, Bloomberg/Reuters, Oberon, etc
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.