Assistant Manager - Travel & Expense (T&E) Compliance (Mandarin Speaker)
Key Responsibilities (Operational - T&E)
- Responsible for assessing compliance of employee submission in a timely and accurate manner, against the Company’s Policies, Procedures and External regulatory requirements.
- Monitor/guide onboarding activities of new team members (assessing the weekly progress of the new joiners, ensuring the learning goals are met, having conversations with new joiners to bridge gap when needed)
- Participate in compliance programs, projects and other ad-hoc tasks assigned by LM/HOD.
- Clearly documents all compliance assessment (i.e assessment results) activities in concur during employee submission processing
- Escalates issues and recommend resolution plans in a timely manner to the RSS Line Manager and Partners (where required)
- Support the preparation of reports and training material on a periodic basis to address updates to the compliance monitoring process
- Maintain/update documentation to ensure that all Compliance related checklists, manuals and procedural documents are updated and reflect current department/team practices.
- Participate in the periodic Compliance Quality Assessment; document the observations; suggest remediation/preventive action plans; and present the test results to the Management and Stakeholders.
- Create and maintain issue logs, meeting minutes, meeting schedules, project summaries and updates.
- Escalates issues and recommends resolution plans in a timely manner to the Line Manager and affiliate (where required).
- Support the preparation of reports and training material on a periodic basis to address updates to the compliance monitoring process.
- Supervises the achievement of Operational KPIs (volume, cycle time, quality) to ensure that the team’s operational KPIs are met
Key Responsibilities (Continuous Improvement)
- Engage continuously with key members of the team to understand/identify process improvement opportunities,
- In collaboration with Line Manager make appropriate recommendation to HOD for process improvement and be part of the solution provision activities
- Plan, manage and carry out reviews and continuous monitoring of in scope entities business processes managed by the RSS.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or above (prefer business, law or finance related major)
- More than 5 years’ experience in accounting, financial, internal audit or compliance experience and its implementation in a highly regulated environment
- Experience in leading a small team will be an added advantage
Job Required Competencies
- Experience in leading change and managing complex projects.
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented and be able to assess the facts with professional skepticism
- Thinks out of the box, challenges the status quo, effective conflict resolution skill, with excellent teamwork and professionalism
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, influence and lead both with and without authority; fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory. Other language competencies are an advantage.
- Motivated and takes full ownership of personal development
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
The Roche Services & Solutions as well as People Support Solutions organisations located in Kuala Lumpur provide end-to-end business solutions for Finance, Procurement, IT, Communications, People & Culture (Human Resources) and beyond to our Roche colleagues across the APAC region. Today Roche employs altogether around 1100 employees in Malaysia.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.