Transaction Services - Executive / Assistant Manager
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients’ affairs. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package. When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed
You’ll be an Executive working closely with senior and junior members within the team to assist in the timely delivery of services. You’ll gain an understanding and experience the field of real estate financial due diligence for listed and privately owned corporates, private equity and asset manager clients, you will:
- Prepare and interpret financial analysis using a range of tools and sources. You will need to be confident using Microsoft Excel to at least an intermediate standard;
- Take part in discussions with the management of client or target businesses to develop an understanding of their business, factors influencing its financial performance and analyse their financial information;
- Contribute to the production of succinct, issues-focused diligence reports with clear conclusions and recommendations;
- Support with administrative tasks related to team, project and risk management; and
- Further contribute to the delivery of our strategic vision through engagement in wider team activities such as business development, client relationship management, recruitment and learning and development.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with
- Experience of working in a finance environment and a basic working knowledge of Transaction Services activities.
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent), or relevant work experience.
- Experience of working within Real Estate Transaction Services or Real Estate audit / accounts would be preferable not essential
- Good knowledge of MS Office, in particular PowerPoint and Excel.
- Self-starting individual who is comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates a pro-active approach to their continuous development.
- Comfortable adapting to change in a dynamic environment and a motivated to innovate and drive continuous improvement
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- income protection insurance
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. You can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.