Regulatory Reporting Controller
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
- The chance to work in the Finance department of one of the world's top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into our business
- A competitive compensation and benefits package including eligibility for annual bonus, a 16-week paternity leave, fully funded sport pass, health care plan and Firm contribution to voluntary pension fund
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley's world-class internal trainings, financial and study-leave support for selected professional qualifications (CFA, ACCA, FRM)
- A supportive, vibrant and open-minded multinational environment, where your ideas are taken seriously
- Work location: Hybrid
- Managing the execution of monthly deliverables related to Balance Sheet Reporting, Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) and Capital analysis
- Coordinating the production of periodic updates to Senior Management and preparing weekly/monthly business unit reporting, provide commentaries explaining movements in Balance Sheet/Capital/RWA
- Partner with the capital calculation team to explain and validate variances in balance sheet items, capital numbers, investigate and reconcile differences
- Interact with the business unit and other stakeholders within infrastructure
- Understand the business, products, accounting dimension and RWA drivers
- Challenging processes and procedures, enhance controls and support strategic development of firm systems
- Hold an Accounting/Finance degree or equivalent
- Relevant work experience preferably in the financial services industry (regulatory reporting, financial and product control, liquidity, treasury)
- Min. 3 years of working experience
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Have the flexibility required to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines
- Have the ability to work effectively within a local and global team
- High level of guardianship: ensuring exceptions are identified, resolved and escalated on a timely basis
- High level of organizational skills
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Access is an advantage
- Experience in Balance Sheet reporting and Product knowledge across a wide range of Equity and Fixed Income products is an advantage
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to Firmwide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
Global Regulatory Reporting:
The Global Regulatory Reporting team is responsible for preparing Capital and Risk Weighted Assets reporting and other financial analysis for Morgan Stanley's Business Units. The group liaises with Regulatory Reporting teams in New York as well as with other Finance teams globally.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.