Collateralized Loan Obligations - Associate 2
Structured Trust and Analytics Group
The Structured Trust and Analytics Group (“STA”) at State Street Bank acts as Trustee for Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLOs) and other structured transactions. A CLO is a type of structured transaction that is issued pursuant to deal documents, typically an Indenture or Trust Deed. In a structured transaction, an investment bank creates a deal structure whereby “notes” with differing characteristics (such as maturity date, interest rate, seniority, etc.) are issued to investors. These notes are then collateralized through the acquisition of corporate bank loans. Additionally, STA provides compliance functions for various fund structures that invest in corporate bank loans.
Members of STA work closely with portfolio managers, underwriters and rating agencies. STA mainly handles reporting, priority of payments, event tracking, and trade testing duties. A compliance system is used to track the characteristics of the assets and liabilities, and to write compliance/eligibility tests. Monthly and payment date reports are written within STA group using a report writer. Events (payment dates, agreed upon procedure due dates, rating reaffirmations, etc.) are tracked using a tickler system and asset data is validated using the data validation module.
The Associate II position within STA provides an excellent opportunity for self motivated individuals to develop new skills and establish a rewarding career path.
Oversee Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLOs)and fund transactions to ensure that deals are in compliance with deal documents. Work with the Boston team to ensure seamless service and accurate and timely delivery of information. Interact with the Boston team on a daily basis to address and resolve issues.
An Associate II within STA is responsible for maintaining the daily operation of structured finance trusts. Job duties include the development of skills in the areas of securities processing and review, compliance testing and data management and reconciliation.
- Performs the following functions:
- Responsible for updating, validating and reviewing the characteristics of securities held in a trust.
- Calculating portfolio limitation and quality tests pursuant to deal specifications.
- Preparing daily and monthly compliance reports, and note valuation reports for delivery to clients, investors, and other parties involved in the deal.
- Assisting with pre-trade analytics that determine if proposed trade meets the portfolio eligibility requirements of the trust.
- Assisting with activities that support the priority of payments for distribution to investor and payment to vendors
- Developing strong relationships with the Boston team by producing high quality work.
- Monitoring daily fund transactions to ensure accuracy of activity and liaise with fund groups when necessary.
- Develop system related and conceptual knowledge and skills associated with the types of services provided by STA.
- Comply with internal procedures and specified deadlines
- Assist in training new hires
- Other special projects and tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with a focus in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Technical or related field preferred.
- 1-2 years of related experience in fixed income debt securities
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Strong project management skills
- Candidate must be detail oriented and able to work both independently and in group setting.
- Ability to work in a deadline oriented group with peak period workflow
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.