Analyst, System Management & Reporting
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The Auditor is responsible for conducting and documenting routine audit examinations throughout Northern Trust Corporation. The role is a direct report to an Audit Team Lead or Audit Manager, and is responsible for completing the audit in accordance with stated budget, timeframes, and Department Policies and Standards. The Auditor provides input to improve operational efficiency and/or to enhance the design or operating effectiveness of the internal control environment. The role also provides technical and auditing expertise, training, and coaching, to auditors during the audit engagement.
- Functions in various roles on audit engagements, including leading audits, staffing audits and providing consulting or oversight functions based on the needs of the team
- Responsible for staying current on regulatory rules and changes within the industry
- Manages and performs special projects as assigned
- Participates in meetings with business unit to discuss audit results
- Communicates with partners at all levels, developing and presenting recommendations on operations and controls for the business unit
- Utilizes understanding of various Corporate units to ensure operations, services, and systems have proper audit controls in place (i.e., design of the control environment)
- Evaluates corporate management, business processes, business controls and operating practices during audits and consulting/monitoring engagements
- Applies analytical skills to review information and determine potential control weaknesses
- Develops a thorough understanding of the Northern Trust Audit Methodology and adheres to all applicable Department Standards
- Completes and compiles a high quality summary of findings and recommendations for review in a concise and professional manner
- Knowledge of auditing in the financial services industry and basic accounting principles and related work experience
- Professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CISA, CIA, ACA, ACCA) and/or an MBA along with demonstrated technical abilities in select areas (e.g., accounting, regulatory compliance, etc.) are preferred
- Analytical and organizational skills are necessary to conduct audits
- Strong report writing and workpaper documentation skills
- A College or University degree and auditing and/or systems experience in a financial institution or similar public accounting experience in the financial services industry is preferred.
- 5:00AM-2:00PM or 11:0AM - 8:00PM
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.