Description of business unit
Group Finance has an excellent Financial Accountant role within the Retail Ireland Financial Control Team. This role will report to the Senior Financial Controller, Consumer Banking within Retail Ireland.
The Consumer Banking Financial Control team within Retail Ireland is responsible for the controlling and reporting on the Bank's portfolio of Mortgages, Credit & Debit card products, along with support for the MARS and Collections business unit recharge process, which supports the Bank's ROI loan portfolios. The outputs of the team are included in externally published information e.g. annual accounts, and for inclusion in financial information to internal stakeholders.
Financial Control work closely with stakeholders across the Group and third parties to ensure that there is a continued focus on delivering a culture of service excellence, developing our people and supporting the achievement of the Group's strategic priorities.
Purpose of the Role
The role will encompass primarily Mortgages accounting and reporting responsibilities, and is part of Retail Ireland Financial Control within Finance Services.
Our team takes lead responsibility in ensuring that the financial, statutory and regulatory reporting requirements of the Republic of Ireland Mortgage unit are delivered on a timely basis and to a high standard of accuracy.
You will have responsibility in the delivery of timely and accurate financial and management information to support effective decision making and review and to support the successful delivery of the statutory and regulatory reporting requirements of one of the Group's significant subsidiaries, Bank of Ireland Mortgage Bank. In addition, it is encouraged that the role holder will support the transformation agenda, contributing to operational improvement and systems enhancement as part of the Groups strategic deliverables.
- Responsible for key elements of the month end close process, ensuring that underlying processes, review and controls have been completed in accordance with best practice;
- Preparation and delivery of statutory workings and disclosure notes, Finrep disclosure notes, ensuring adequate supporting evidence is maintained on file;
- Supporting the preparation of key internal monthly MI, including the Retail Ireland Standardised MI reporting pack monthly for onward review by the Divisional FC Team and distribution to the CP & Group Reporting teams;
- Flexible team member; sharing knowledge and proactively supporting continuous improvement initiatives to deliver process efficiencies, while also assisting in the delivery of changes arising;
- Responsible for the completion of ad-hoc projects and requests in support of team goals and the Bank's strategic priorities
What is the opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity for a high-reaching financial accountant, looking to expand their knowledge and experience of Retail Banking, with a role which supports the key product lines and customer focused delivery of timely reporting Retail Republic of Ireland business performance.
- Qualified accountant
- Experience in the financial services sector
Essential Skills & Experience
- Highly motivated individual with proven experience of delivering quality financial information within tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work on own initiative and in a team;
- Ability to resolve issues, challenge and make decisions independently within own area of responsibility, or in conjunction with others, in a positive and constructive way;
- Strong knowledge of MS software, particularly MS excel.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Solid understanding of the SAP general ledger and BCS reporting systems.
- A desire to support, change & improve processes.
- Accountable - Self
- Amplify Capability - Self
- Customer Focused - Self
- Agile - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.