AIS Fund Admin Supervisor, Senior Associate
State Street Corporation is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. For more information, visit State Street's website at www.statestreet.com.
PROMOTING A CULTURE OF EXCELLENCE
With more than 39,000 employees across 100 geographic markets, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility — to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
We’re a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us — people like you.
We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of any legally protected characteristic.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Associate to join our Real Asset Fund Administration team within the Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) division in Singapore. This is an opportunity to join a global leader organization in financial services providing services to some of the world's most sophisticated institutions.
- Manage an offshore team by actively engaging and reviewing their bookkeeping work
- Manage internal workflow to ensure internal processing and client deadlines are met
- Bookkeep as and when required
- Prepare financial statements including financial work papers, portfolio schedules, accruals and partner capital allocations
- Coordination of annual audit and tax return preparation with external accounting firms
- Be a source of technical support and guidance to the offshore teams including becoming a mentor, conducting regular training to upskill the offshore teams, and potentially traveling to the offshore location in Asia to provide advanced training
- Manage communication with the clients, fund investors and other investment professionals, delivering quality service by ensuring deliverables are met and exceeding expectations
- Ensure all corporate policies and procedures are followed
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
- Support new business integration and ensure operating models are designed to deliver best of breed service to clients bringing to bear our global footprint
- Perform period bank and cash reconciliations
- Prepare quarterly management reports for clients
- Participate in special client or internal projects as required
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in Real Estate or Private Equity Fund Accounting
- Experience in the real estate alternative asset industry is preferred
- Fluent in English required & Mandarin is a plus
- CPA or actively pursuing CPA certification is preferred
- Knowledge of Investran and/or Oracle is preferred
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High integrity with attention to detail
- Strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to "think outside the box" and embrace different work methodologies
- Team player with a proactive and positive approach to your work
- Willing to take up challenges in new areas
Candidate must have a college degree (business, mathematics, finance or economics preferred, accounting concentration a plus) and at least 5 years of accounting experience is required. Specific experience in the private equity/real estate industry is a must. Strong interpersonal skills, positive, can-do attitude, meticulous are essential. Strong computer skills are required.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.