R2R Tower Head | Finance Shared Service Centre
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
We are currently seeking an experienced finance professional to join our Group Finance Shared Service Centre team in the capacity of FSSC R2R Tower Head - Egypt
JOB PURPOSE: As a member of FSSC management team– He/she will lead and mentor the team who are involved financial book closing and reporting.
He/she will be responsible for book closing and reporting of AF Group companies in Egypt (25+ entities) supporting diversified BUs in Automotive, Retail, Real Estate, Construction, Healthcare, Group Services etc. with major emphasis on
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures
- Quality of Financial books
- Periodical books closing and reporting
- IFRS compliance
- Manage internal and external Audits
- Drive continuous improvements and automation within R2R processes
- Ensure SLA compliances
- Service Delivery – R2R Process
- Spearhead end-to-end R2R processes including fixed assets and insurance of Al Futtaim companies in Egypt catering different divisions like Auto, Real estate, Contracting, Retail, Corporate functions etc.
- Schedule discussion with business counterparts (CFOs & Finance Controllers) to resolve significant accounting issues
- Monitors, critically evaluates, and advises on the relevant accounting standards, regulations, conceptual and financial reporting frameworks
- Ensure smooth monthly, quarterly and annual book closing
- Facilitate internal/external audits and ensure timely response, documentation and information.
- Support on development of IFRS accounting policies and procedures and ensure compliances
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders by developing impactful working relationship
- Ensure delivery of agreed service levels (SLAs)
- Governance & Reviews
- Monthly reviews of General Ledger /trend analysis with R2R leads
- Review open line item and ageing in General ledger and design plan of action for timely clearance
- Review and resolve pre and post close issues related to accruals, provisions, prepaid expenses, IFRS, Fixed assets
- Periodic review of Insurance process in terms of policy coverage and claim management
- Process Improvements
- Improve month closing cycle resulting in fewer post close adjustments
- Introduce pre-close review mechanism in coordination with respective divisions
- Establish clear timeline and ownership
- Standardization of Chart of Accounts and accounting processes
- Standardization of accounting schedules and implement quality review process
- Support Process improvement team in driving various quality initiatives and sign off SOW, RACI matrix with business
- People management
- Assist management with career development activities for team lead and team members, including performance management and feedback
- Ensure adequate guidance and training of team members to meet service delivery targets
- Responsible for attrition management and timely backfills
Job holder is required to interact with Head of FSSC, cross functional tower heads, divisional CFOs and finance controllers hence requires good communications skills. Understanding of systems (SAP and Policy / Procedures) is crucial both for determining applicability and relevance as well as for designing verification procedures and processes that are meant to highlight exceptions.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualified Accountant or equivalent
- 12-15 years of similar experience, with a good knowledge of SAP ERP system.
- Good accounting (IFRS) knowledge, preferably worked with Big4 audit firms or MNCs, analytical mindset, process oriented, well organized, with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, ability to work to tight deadlines
Organization: Work independently and ensure service delivery within defined SLAs
Leader: Solid individual who thrives when working in a fast-paced, high energy and project-oriented environment
Stakeholder management: excel in developing strong client relationships, drive client dialogue both at finance manager and at CFO level, and in originating, shaping and delivering value-led finance projects
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Additional Internal Information:
- Reports to: FSSC Head - Egypt
- Band: H
You must have been an Al-Futtaim employee for at least 18 months in order to be considered.
You must inform your HRBP in confidence of your application.
Please note that this vacancy may be advertised externally in the next week so apply without delay.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.