Accountant - Corporate Services
You'll play a key role supporting our Corporate Client Services team, providing exceptional accounting administration services to your portfolio of clients.
You will be responsible for keeping the accounting books of accounts, management accounts and the preparation of statutory financial statements including XBRL financial statements.
- Responsible for processing financial information to trial balance and other ad-hoc financial information
- Ensuring the smooth running of day to day relationship with clients and consistent delivery of client reporting / information accurately and on time
- Ensuring that support is provided to your manager to complete the accounts for the clients and be proactive in defining areas needing attention or support
- Know specifics of designated clients including understanding their structure and any agreements they have in place that will affect their accounts
- Minimize risk to IQEQ by ensuring all procedures and checklists are followed
Tasks / Duties:
- Prepare and assist in the preparation of full set of accounts, financials and other reports as required
- Assist in drafting responses to accounting queries
- Closely monitor clients’ statutory deadlines
- Raise any queries / issues to immediate manager in a timely manner
- Responsible for client portfolio and assist other colleagues within the team as required
- Ensure client database and all other reports are up to date and accurate
- Deliver the quality works to the client and ensure all the requirements from clients are met.
Management of Workflow:
- Ensure deliverables is prepared based on the standard set by the Singapore office
Fee / Time Management:
- Ensure that electronic time sheets are completed daily, and accurately for all hours worked
- Understand and use best practice on financial reporting
- Understand and use best practice on the software used by Singapore office (e.g. MS Office, Adobe, XERO, 5 Series, etc.)
- Ensure relevant procedures and checklists are adhered to minimize risk of errors
- Undertake any additional reasonable requests as deemed by the firm
- Holds a Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy
- 2 years plus relevant experience, at least 1 year of which is an experience in Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysian accounting, or IFRS
- Experience of managing service operations, managing multiple clients and client deliverables
- Experience in preparation of Financial Statements with notes
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with particular focus on MS Excel and MS Word
- ‘Can do’ attitude, ability to cope with tight deadlines, working under pressure
Nice to Have:
- Experience in XBRL preparation
- Experience in XERO accounting software
- Experience in dealing with foreign clients
- Have plans of taking / currently pursuing the CPA board examination
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.