Finance Team Leader
At Next, not only are we one of the UK’s largest fashion retailers, but we’re also one of the largest listed companies. Selling our own NEXT brand as well as hundreds of world-famous brands, in the UK and worldwide. What’s more, we’re growing. Fast. And it’s the kind of growth and investment that is exciting for everyone in our business.
Specifically you can join our Finance Operations department. We’re the ones who keep the business going, and the cash flowing. Taking pride in our strong financial processes as we manage over £4bn of sales and payments a year, across 400+ retail stores and circa 8 million active Online customers. But that’s just the day to day. With so much growth going on, we get stuck into projects and supporting new business initiatives. Helping to expand overseas and bring in even more third-party brands. This is one for those who aren’t afraid of big digits, who have an eye for anomalies, and who want to use their skills to succeed through rapid change, challenge and scale.
About the role:
We are currently looking for a Finance Team Leader to help manage our Accounts Payable operation. Be part of the team responsible for the day to day running of the area to ensure high accuracy of work is delivered by the team whilst supporting the business in delivering high profile projects and managing a growing supplier base of over 5,000 active suppliers.
- Manage a team across both UK and outsourced teams
- Highlight in a timely manner areas of non compliance, high volumes and breach of business process & policy
- Review and monitor the teams output ensuring great attention to detail to deliver work to the highest of standards
- Prioritise own and teams workload amongst conflicting priorities and key business deadlines
- Management of daily and weekly payment runs and forward planning for key payments
- Ledger reconciliations and month end accruals
- Review and monitoring of management information to take appropriate action
- Training, mentoring and development of team to build a service orientated team
- Project management and liaising with systems teams to ensure maximised benefit from system enhancements, including testing and support in business sign off, of these enhancements
- Build a team who have a culture of building excellent relationships with key suppliers, problem solving and ownership.
- Work with Robotics team to deliver task migration and monitor performance, highlight key issues
- Step into managers responsibilities when required
- Proven track record in managing a high performance team
- Strong Management skills / ability to motivate a team
- Problem solving skills / Logical thought process - Ability to critically assess and resolve key business issues
- High attention to detail
- Effective communication / assertiveness and influencing skills at all levels
- Effective decision making – ability to make well informed timely decisions
- Strong planning / organisation skills and ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure
- Strong presentation skills – Confident in leading discussions and promoting business improvements and proactive in meeting with management
- Confident in challenging systems and processes
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.