We have a fantastic opportunity for a Payroll Assistant to join the Payroll Team at the clients office in West Malling, Kent. As a Payroll Assistant you will report to the Team Leader and will assist in the accurate and efficient processing of the payroll for all Group employees.
A UK wide organisation who have an excellent reputation within their industry sector.
- First point of contact for payroll queries
- Enter new employees to the system, issue auto enrolment documentation.
- Process leavers from the business, promotions and permanent changes to salary and allowances
- Ensure that all personal data information is updated to the payroll system and advised to appropriate 3rd parties
- Check and input all statutory updates, such as, student loans, PGL's, P45, P46, and tax code notifications
- Assist with checking the payroll
- Produce and dispatch payslips and P45 forms after each payrun
- Respond directly to any requests allocated to you for but not exclusive, copy payslips, and P60
- Provide help and assistance to employees calling into the department or making a general enquiry to the team
- Update the payroll system with any holiday or sickness absences that cannot be processed via employee self-service
- Monitor days taken against holiday entitlements, assist employees with entitlement enquiries
- Enter other paid and unpaid absences to the system, deducting pay where appropriate
- Request self-certification forms and fit notes for sickness absences
- Monitor long term or frequent absenteeism and pass to Team leader for further action
- Ensure all confidential data is stored and/or destroyed where appropriate
- Regularly review processes which relate directly to workload and liaise with Team Leader to review and improve
- Any other duties as requested
- Experience within a similar payroll environment
- Good communicator via telephone, e-mail, or letter
- Flexible, adaptable and somebody who can work well under pressure and deal with high volumes and tight deadlines
- Have extensive knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word, and confident using Payroll systems
A competitive salary and benefits package