As an accounting specialist you will support the local finance team to ensure accurate transactions and assist in closings, tax declarations and several other ad-hoc accounting tasks.
Our client, a leading international player in the pharmaceutical industry with modern offices in the Luzern area, is looking for an energetic, experienced and ambitious Accountant (m/f/d) for a temporary assignment starting in September/October 2022 until end of April 2023.
- Ensures timely and accurate booking of transactions of the EMEA subsidiaries (follow ups on cash collections, vendor payments, inter-company billing/settlements, recurring accruals, foreign exchange analysis)
- Ensure integrity and adherence to time schedule for several entities
- Assist as well as perform account analysis and reconciliations to ensure compliance with internal policies, SOX and accounting principles
- Assist in the preparation of the annual audit (preparation of financials, documentation)
- Work closely with experienced colleagues for income tax calculations and VAT declarations
- Key‐contact person for approximately 20 markets in EMEA Region for regional accounting matters (3rd party receivables, capital funding, inter-company transactions, financial variance analysis
- Ad‐hoc tasks and projects
- A degree in Finance or Accounting & +3 years of experience in accounting
- Knowledge and experience with accounting principles (US GAAP, IFRS and Swiss GAAP)
- Strong analytic skills, experience in financial statement analysis
- ERP experienced, (SAP (FI/CO), oracle) and proficient in Excel
- Fluent in English, every other language is a plus
- Proactive, dynamic, able to adapt to a fast-changing environment and to cope with complex situations
- Committed to achieve ambitious objectives with the help of a team
- Result oriented, pragmatic and energetic
The selected candidate will receive the opportunity to work within an internationally operating, dynamic business environment, as well as within a familiar and multi-national team.