Finance Operations Expert
‘Be You’ at GSK
At GSK, we're a company with a purpose to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We realise that our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. Therefore, we want all applicants to be able to perform their best throughout the recruitment process.
We will be delighted to hear from talented individuals that align to our values. These are at the heart of everything we do and include: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living our values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. In return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Together, we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us.
As a modern employer, we empower you to be yourself, share ideas and work collaboratively.
Finance Operations Expert
The Finance Operations Expert role is a position for the Business Operations & Analytics team, supporting Global Technology and Products portfolio owners in the two core areas: Financial Management and Vendor Management. The ideal candidate should possess a background in finance and technology and be familiar with Agile and DevOps processes. The candidate is required to carry Business Intelligence tool skills.
In this role you will…
- Global Products & Technology meet the need for clear, accurate and timely financial and business information, led appropriately – participate in a regular structured commercial performance reviews, supervise alignment with agreed contracts and raise any related risks, issues ensuring accurate escalations
- Design models and methodologies for future cost modeling and business decisions support; support business in planning and forecasting periodic activities/trend
- Prepare and publish reports to partners to show costing progress - track financials and handle operational budgets. Provide explanations to differences from expectation
- Provide financial analysis expertise and insight into the development of strategies
- Ensure that commercial transactions are run optimally and in a timely manner - this includes ensuring purchase orders, cross charging, payments etc. are all executed correctly and issues are addressed
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 6 years of experience related to Finance or Procurement activities
- Demonstrated ability in managing budgets, cross – charging, commercial models and vendor management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Computer Sciences with finance experience
- Good knowledge of Excel and SAP
- Analytical skills – being data centric; experience with at least one data visualization platform preferably Power BI; experience writing queries to retrieve data
- Familiar with purchase-to-pay process
- Good interpersonal skills, communication skills with both finance, technical & non-technical audiences, assertiveness, orientation for a details and team work
- Be inquisitive for knowledge, drive for results
- Advanced English
How you will be rewarded:
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Possibility of developing within the role and company’s structure within a fast-growing Finance Hub
- Additional benefits (bonus plan, medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, home office allowance, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund)
- Co-financing of employee’s education in partnership with world leading bodies in finance education ACCA and CIMA
- 80% remote work available
- Integration events
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
Inclusion & Diversity at GSK:
Inclusion and diversity at GSK are key for our success. Here, you will thrive through bringing your unique experiences to both our company and the recruitment process. We want you to be you, feel good and keep growing your career.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will travel through a transparent recruitment journey that adheres to all required employment standards and regulations. Beyond this, we commit to our values of integrity and respect towards every applicant.
We want to hear from you and support with any adjustments that you may require during the recruitment process. Please get in touch with our Recruitment Team (contact email) to further discuss this today.
We will request equal opportunities information from you and whilst disclosure is optional, we encourage you to be open, enabling us to monitor the inclusivity of our recruitment practices for the benefit of everyone. Your data will remain confidential, is never shared with our Hiring Managers and never affects the status of your application. *Local restrictions/legal requirements
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.