General Accounting & Management Accounting (GAMA) Analyst
Key activities & Deliverables
- Co-ordinate and execute month end, quarter end and year end closing activities to ensure timely and accurate closure of accounts in compliance with work instructions and month end close checklist
- Perform and analyze booking accounting transactions, fixed assets, working and calculations are executed on timely and accurately
- Clearing of open items in accounts
- Ensure accruals are properly justified and correctly posted
- To ensure all journals are performed accurately and timely
- To maintain fixed asset register and execute depreciation run
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation, highlight and rectify any anomalies encountered
- Submission of monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting packages accurately and within specified timescale
Documentation & Controlling
- Ensure all work documentation and work processes are updated and meet with Internal Control Financial Reporting (ICFR), group policies and guidelines, local statutory and legal requirements within agreed service timelines
- Perform back up function and other duties, including job rotation to other functional teams as and when required
- Participate in any compliance audits and respond to audit queries
Transformation/ Continuous Improvement Implementations
- Work collaboratively with customers and stakeholders
- Engage and support the teams in the implementation of continuous improvement project
- Proactively identify, recommend and implement solutions in consultation with the management for continuous improvement opportunities in the areas of operation
- Assist to ensure effective knowledge transfer as for sustainable development knowledge and sharing of best practices within the team
- Other tasks that may be assigned from time to time
- Qualifications & Experience Required
- Degree or Diploma in Finance & Accounting/Commerce or equivalent.
- Good communication skill and able to communicate effectively in English.
- Minimum 1-3 years working experiences in the related field
- SAP knowledge or other ERP accounting systems and MS Office tools
- Proficiency in English and other language required with good communication skill.
- Desirable qualifications
- External experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing engagement will be preferable
- Roche Specific Requirements / Competencies
- Demonstrated values of Passion, Courage and Integrity.
- Personal leadership qualities and self-discipline.
- Good communication skills and team spirit – willing to support colleagues beyond defined job scope.
- Customer service mindset and business acumen.
- Trouble-shooting or problem-solving ability.
- Ability to demonstrate and deliver to required extents of the 10 Roche Competencies listed below.
- Strategic Agility-Decision Making
- Technical & Business Expertise-Communication
- Managing Change
- Inspiring & Influencing
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Achieving Results
- Feedback & Coaching
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
The Roche Services & Solutions as well as People Support Solutions organisations located in Kuala Lumpur provide end-to-end business solutions for Finance, Procurement, IT, Communications, People & Culture (Human Resources) and beyond to our Roche colleagues across the APAC region. Today Roche employs altogether around 1100 employees in Malaysia.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.