- Resolve technical accounting queries raised by the Client Services (CS) team and clients in a timely manner
- Provide technical support to sales and implementation team for prospective and/or new clients
- Perform reviews on the working papers, financial statements, and other complex client deliverables (including quality reviews); to help shape and ensure product quality control of the CS output
- Whilst the main focus is on IFRS and US GAAP, there are opportunities to develop experience in other GAAPs e.g., UK GAAP, Lux GAAP
- Deliver technical presentations to update CS teams on accounting and industry developments, thereby providing CPD
- Research and monitor the latest accounting/legislative changes impacting our clients and draft technical updates for accounting / legislative changes accordingly for release internally to CS teams as well as externally to global clients
- Maintain in-house library of technical journals, articles, and documentation relating to accounting issues for CS team members to access
- Support development of new services and new business proposals through expert knowledge of internal procedures and industry practice
- Work closely with Technical Team members in Manila, Singapore, and the UK
Education / professional qualifications
- Qualified Accountant (CPA or ACCA qualified with 3+ years post qualification experience)
- University Degree in Accountancy/Business/Maths or otherwise demonstrable strong aptitude for numeracy
- 5+ years of financial services audit or accounting experience working with ideally a big 4 audit firm / financial services industry
- Strong accounting standards knowledge (especially IFRS/US GAAP). Consolidation experience and knowledge of other GAAPs will be useful but not mandatory
- Strong experience of review of financial statements including disclosures
- Private equity and/or real estate funds knowledge is preferable but not mandatory
- Experience in facilitating and conducting Training or Technical presentation sessions will be preferable but not mandatory
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical research skills/ mindset and keen to undertake technical research
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and interpersonal skills
- ‘Can do’ attitude, ability to cope with tight deadlines and working under pressure
- Strong task ownership and sense of teamwork
- Comfortable communicating with senior management / seniors
- Experience training / mentoring members of a team desirable
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
The Technical Team is an independent team of experts within IQ-EQ providing technical reporting assistance/advice to global client services teams, sales and implementation teams, and global clients.
Shining a spotlight on the Funds and Asset Manager Reporting Technical Team - Athena (iqeq.com)
The core part of the Technical Team’s work is focused on 3 key areas:
- Technical Advisory (technical accounting and Private Equity/RE industry-related queries, technical support to sales and implementation team for new clients, etc)
- Technical Reviews (technical/quality reviews of financials, key accounting policies, and other complex deliverables).
- Technical Updates (monitoring latest accounting, industry, and regulatory updates; issuing technical alerts for internal teams and clients; delivering technical presentations and other specific training modules for accounting teams). To facilitate the delivery of the 3 key areas effectively to the stakeholders, a Technical Team member will be at the forefront of the private equity and real estate fund industry developments, including but not limited to financial reporting.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.